Over there versus over here

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

MetaCugel8262

Over there versus over here

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

I was wondering, is it possible your forum is right about the other one and conversely, that forum is right about your forum? If so, then the both of you would form a symbiotic and codependent relationship...know what I mean?
The play of words can lead to certain expectations which life is unable to match. This is a source of much insanity and other forms of unhappiness...-Wreave Saying: Whipping Star
Mandy
Cat Herder

Re: Over there versus over here

Post by Mandy »

Do you know what you mean?
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

Yes, I do. What is it too you...really. I know that too.
The play of words can lead to certain expectations which life is unable to match. This is a source of much insanity and other forms of unhappiness...-Wreave Saying: Whipping Star
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

What is it they say about us?

I know what we say about them is right.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Many of us know each other from the "Dreamers of Dune" forum years before the official forum opened, so... no.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

They distort what we say...rise above, rise above...jealous cowards always get in the way...rise above, rise above...
You can either take that as an affirmation or something else...that depends on you.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

OK
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Do people still post at Dune Novels? I thought it died a long time ago.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

My little "Blaze of Glory" was the most action they've had in months.
~Pink Snowman
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Freakzilla wrote:My little "Blaze of Glory" was the most action they've had in months.
Wasn't that like two years ago? Or was there a new Blaze of Glory?
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Spicelon wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:My little "Blaze of Glory" was the most action they've had in months.
Wasn't that like two years ago? Or was there a new Blaze of Glory?
New, last Monday. Third ban. :obscene-birdiered:
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

It's hard to say what "they say about us" as any time we're referred to the posts are deleted by the site admin.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

:lol:
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Well, they don't say very much about anything at all over there, so they definitely don't say much about us... especially since as Nekhrun says any posts referencing Jacurutu don't last very long. :lol:

Honestly, they stopped providing even entertainment a long time ago - if they shut down completely we wouldn't even know about it for a while I'm betting.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:...if they shut down completely we wouldn't even know about it for a while I'm betting.
Which is a shame because I like to keep track of how often that site fails. For all I know, it's happened a few times and I didn't keep track.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Nekhrun wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:...if they shut down completely we wouldn't even know about it for a while I'm betting.
Which is a shame because I like to keep track of how often that site fails. For all I know, it's happened a few times and I didn't keep track.
I thought they had given up on it! Google didn't give a result the last time I went looking.
Is that really the "over there" the Metacudgel referrs to?
I expected something a little more...special.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Us VS Them

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I kinda think they keep it running purely because they won't concede defeat to us, and now that nobody posts there it's no work for them (think about how much time Byron must have spent reading and deleting all our posts every day or two, it must have eaten up quite a few hours a week).

If they shut the place down, then not only is Jacurutu the main Dune forum on the internet like it already is, then Jacurutu is the ONLY real Dune forum (in English anyways, I don't make assumptions about what's out there in the world we don't see, I know we're the biggest, I don't know for sure we're the only one that functions though). That is something KJA and the HLP simply could not stand to allow.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I kinda think they keep it running purely because they won't concede defeat to us, and now that nobody posts there it's no work for them (think about how much time Byron must have spent reading and deleting all our posts every day or two, it must have eaten up quite a few hours a week).

If they shut the place down, then not only is Jacurutu the main Dune forum on the internet like it already is, then Jacurutu is the ONLY real Dune forum (in English anyways, I don't make assumptions about what's out there in the world we don't see, I know we're the biggest, I don't know for sure we're the only one that functions though). That is something KJA and the HLP simply could not stand to allow.
Understood, and thank you both! :D

I keep reminding myself that you can't teach an old dog to make a silk purse out of a pig in a poke.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

D Pope wrote:Is that really the "over there" the Metacudgel referrs to?
Who cares?

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Really, it's not a discussion forum, it's a PR sight for a hack.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Nekhrun wrote:
Who cares?
:clap:

Freak, how did you find that?!! :lol:
-Omphalos
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

D Pope wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Who cares?
:clap:
Sorry, I should've fucked up a YouTube embed there instead.
D Pope wrote:Freak, how did you find that?!! :lol:
Freak, that was actually the first time in my life I'd ever heard that term as far as I know. Good to see it's the first thing you thought of as well :lol:

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:?: It's the "Pig In a Poke" game show from Christmas Vacation.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

You know, me and movies have this thing...
~Pink Snowman