The Board

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: The Board

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:can we add "frank herbert forum" to the tags? Please?

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=ldy ... a4ddc71c53" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:(
ARRAKEEN is #5! :shock:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Been seeing some comments lately, so I guess it's time to do some forum maintenance. When I get to it sometime over the upcoming holiday I plan to:
  • Add the nifty little format buttons (center, left justify, strikethrough, etc) just like the ones that Jo has added at T(A)U
    Start a "Jacurutu assets" thread that links to our own db where we may upload/post the images, tools, etc that we are likely to use frequently here and at other sites
    Update the board if needed
Anything else that you monkeys want? Let me know and if its within our skill set, Ragabash and I will add it to the list.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Theme logos: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2130&start=15#p78752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:Been seeing some comments lately, so I guess it's time to do some forum maintenance. When I get to it sometime over the upcoming holiday I plan to:
  • Add the nifty little format buttons (center, left justify, strikethrough, etc) just like the ones that Jo has added at T(A)U
    Start a "Jacurutu assets" thread that links to our own db where we may upload/post the images, tools, etc that we are likely to use frequently here and at other sites
Anything else that you monkeys want? Let me know and if its within our skill set, Ragabash and I will add it to the list.
Having just updated a phpbb board earlier this week, I have to say, it's a real pain in the ass that you have to update themes as well; and if you just take the latest versions then all the customization needs to be done all over. I can't believe that they haven't made it easier yet.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Rymoah

Post by Rymoah »

Omphalos wrote:Been seeing some comments lately, so I guess it's time to do some forum maintenance. When I get to it sometime over the upcoming holiday I plan to:
I'd like to see a "quick reply" form at the bottom of thread pages, but if you haven't inserted it already, I presume it is for a precise policy here on Jacurutu (and I can easily imagine its reason :) ), so don't count my suggestion.
Nekhrun wrote: Having just updated a phpbb board earlier this week, I have to say, it's a real pain in the ass that you have to update themes as well; and if you just take the latest versions then all the customization needs to be done all over. I can't believe that they haven't made it easier yet.
You're perfectly right, phpbb based themes are one of the nastiest things I had to cope with during DuneItalia last upgrade. :x All my solidarity goes to Omphalos and Ragabash, if they have to mess with them. :)

Rymoah
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

We got some things done last night, but not an instant reply feature I'll keep hat in mind for the next upgrade.

I'm doing the Christmas tree in a few, but should have the banners posted before today is over.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:We got some things done last night, but not an instant reply feature I'll keep hat in mind for the next upgrade.

I'm doing the Christmas tree in a few, but should have the banners posted before today is over.
Isn't the Quick Reply just a setting in the ACP? Enable Quick Reply?
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:dance:

Take a pic of the tree!

:occasion-xmas:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Rymoah

Post by Rymoah »

Nekhrun wrote:
Omphalos wrote:We got some things done last night, but not an instant reply feature I'll keep hat in mind for the next upgrade.

Yes, in phpBB it is an ACP setting. Thanks Omphalos for considering this option :)

Rymoah
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

yeah, quick reply is so easy even I know how to turn it on :P

BTW, WTF happened to T(A)U?
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Rymoah wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:

Yes, in phpBB it is an ACP setting. Thanks Omphalos for considering this option :)

Rymoah
Hmmmm. I forgot that. If its a quick click, no problem!

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:yeah, quick reply is so easy even I know how to turn it on :P

Nothing, really. Though I did forget how picky some of you can be.

Goodnight Golden Path!
lotek

Post by lotek »

Only some ?
:lol:

We are all...

cherry pickers !
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Omphalos wrote:

I don't think I'm being picky...
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:
Omphalos wrote:

I don't think I'm being picky...
Mandy darlin', did you really think that a constructive way to address the hard work of people who are only trying to make the board better is to title a thread "WTF?" These guys have less experience then you do when it comes to running a forum. I happen to know for a fact that they spent just about all of Saturday and Sunday figuring it out, reading the threads and categorizing them. They're trying to do everyone a favor and make the board more useful. Even if you were unhappy, can't you see that you might have gone just a teensy bit off in the wrong direction in communicating said displeasure? I mean, did that that really not register?

Goodnight Golden Path!
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I have no idea who did what, and don't know who the new admins are. I didn't mean to hurt their feelings... I thought you were still running T(A)U. Besides, I didn't see how titling a thread WTF? would have been out of place in the clubhouse, and I only asked what happened to the board and a big chunk of the posts. At the time I couldn't see any of the newer posts, and then there's the thread from a year ago that hasn't been posted in stickied, so I thought something went wrong and data had been lost.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:I have no idea who did what, and don't know who the new admins are. I didn't mean to hurt their feelings... I thought you were still running T(A)U. Besides, I didn't see how titling a thread WTF? would have been out of place in the clubhouse, and I only asked what happened to the board and a big chunk of the posts. At the time I couldn't see any of the newer posts, and then there's the thread from a year ago that hasn't been posted in stickied, so I thought something went wrong and data had been lost.

Well.....Then what about my feelings, dammit? :D :mrgreen:

Haven't you learned how sensitive I am yet? :cry:

Goodnight Golden Path!
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Well I do care about your sensitive spots :P but I don't expect you to take the crotchety things we say the wrong way. Do the new guys know how bad we are? Have you warned them about us? lol
ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
Joseph-Vintimille Tariki Askaris

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Mandy wrote:I thought you were still running T(A)U.
Oh yes HE IS :) I can't change anything without his knowledge and explicit consent... His wish is my command, :D

PS: Thanks for the comment about our board, just remember one detail: TAU is TAU, Jacurutu is Jacurutu. One community, two forums. :wink:
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    ۞ Shaihuludata gigantica Gratia, Fidei defensor ۞
      Mandy
      Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Why do you think you need to tell me to remember that?
      Omphalos
      Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:Why do you think you need to tell me to remember that?
      Must be the blond hair in your avatar. :P

Goodnight Golden Path!
      Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
      Mandy wrote:Why do you think you need to tell me to remember that?
      Must be the blond hair in your avatar. :P
      OR THE NIPPLES
      ~Pink Snowman
      ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
      Joseph-Vintimille Tariki Askaris

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Last edited by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ on 19 Dec 2011 13:40, edited 2 times in total.
        Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
        ۞ Shaihuludata gigantica Gratia, Fidei defensor ۞
          Mandy
          Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I don't know what you just posted, but I'm sure it's against the rules viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :wink:

I still don't know why he thinks I don't know who the members of TAU and Jacurutu are, or that they are two different forums. Is he being cryptic for some reason? Can we get a translator?
          Last edited by Mandy on 13 Dec 2011 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
          MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

I would suggest people think about and debate the ideas behind the books, and less about petty and ultimately insignificant details. You know the old saying..."Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about events and mediocre people talk about other people"...you know, in a meanspirited and gossip driven kind of way.
          The play of words can lead to certain expectations which life is unable to match. This is a source of much insanity and other forms of unhappiness...-Wreave Saying: Whipping Star