MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Demerzel

MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Post by Demerzel »

:O Just a ridiculous thought, cause he did seem mentally superior to most.
When Paul was three I found him wearing lingerie I was planning to wear for my Duke. I asked him: "How can this be?" and he answered: "For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!" I was proud since these were the first words Paul ever spoke, but now I knew for certain that my Paul was a special boy. I brought him to Duncan's room while he was busy "training" a young maidservant in the Art of Sword-Handling. My Paul shall be the best! - Tleszer
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Post by Freakzilla »

Malky was a prototype weapon against the God Emperor.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

Yeah I know delete this post it makes no sense D:
When Paul was three I found him wearing lingerie I was planning to wear for my Duke. I asked him: "How can this be?" and he answered: "For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!" I was proud since these were the first words Paul ever spoke, but now I knew for certain that my Paul was a special boy. I brought him to Duncan's room while he was busy "training" a young maidservant in the Art of Sword-Handling. My Paul shall be the best! - Tleszer
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Hmm... I try not to delete topics, but OK. I'll leave it up for a little while and see if anyone has any worthwhile comments.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

I only remember a Tleilaxu KH being mentioned in Messiah, but what about the Ixian one? :think:
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

MrFlibble wrote:I only remember a Tleilaxu KH being mentioned in Messiah, but what about the Ixian one? :think:
There is no Ixian one.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ouch. ;)
lotek

Post by lotek »

it's not every character that's a bit odd that is a potential KH.
Don't do the kja dance by labelling everything as super dooper ;)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I am the Ixian KH.
~Pink Snowman
gurensan

Post by gurensan »

I am super dooper.
If you fart in the wilderness, and a bear eats you before you can smell it, does it matter if it makes an odor?
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I'm the Murican KH.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

KJA is the literary Kwisatz Haderach!

According to his twitter feeds, the amount of working, hiking and signing being done - he is clearly in more places at once.
When it comes to literary production, he is definitely a shortening of the way.
His coming shook up an entire universe, fatally locking it into one stagnant path.
He is just sooper-dooper...
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Lundse wrote:KJA is the literary Kwisatz Haderach!

According to his twitter feeds, the amount of working, hiking and signing being done - he is clearly in more places at once.
When it comes to literary production, he is definitely a shortening of the way.
His coming shook up an entire universe, fatally locking it into one stagnant path.
He is just sooper-dooper...
:lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Smiley

Post by Smiley »

lotek wrote:it's not every character that's a bit odd that is a potential KH.
Don't do the kja dance by labelling everything as super dooper ;)
The BG seemed to take that approach. Anyone with weird abilities were likely to be killed for safety's sake in the last two books.
I find it fascinating that some of Franks most interesting characters are the ones we know the least about.

(no malky not a KH. Just a horrible person and potential weapon to take down a god)
distrans

Post by distrans »

the tleilaxu and the ixians were neck and neck there for several thousand years...
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Hah, I forgot about this thread. Isn't it the case, though, that by the time of GeoD the Ixians had been infiltrated by the BT? If so, I don't know that a distinction has to be made between an Ixian KH and a BT one. If the BT had the ability to create fascinating beings, why couldn't they have combined this with the Ixian technology to conceal such a person? That's a side note, mind you, since I recall no textual reason to believe Malky (or Hwi) has the abilities of a KH. But putting aside the KH question, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that whatever Malky was, he was a BT creation. This kind of human-as-weapon would be in keeping with BT methods, recalling Bijaz and Duncan from Messiah.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

georgiedenbro wrote:...since I recall no textual reason to believe Malky (or Hwi) has the abilities of a KH.
There isn't. I've never understood why people try to see a KH in every shadow. Malky's only significance is that he was a favored companion of Leto which gave them the idea to make Hwi, his opposite clone, to woo him.
~Pink Snowman
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Freakzilla wrote:Malky's only significance is that he was a favored companion of Leto which gave them the idea to make Hwi, his opposite clone, to woo him.
I do sometimes wonder, though, whether Malky was engineered in some way to be suitable for Leto, or whether it was a coincidence and he just really liked the guy. When I think about the book it seems to me that Malky may have shared some characteristics that Leto had; cunning, devious and of the disposition to make it look like he was doing something while really doing something else, and with a 'touch of the worm' about him - that characteristic of ferocity or animal nature that goes beyond rationality and it more like the blood calling to action. Maybe I could call it the killer instinct, or a touch of cruelty. Although Malky is in some sense portrayed as being something of a scoundrel, I think the questionable qualities in him may be similar qualities that Leto recognizes in himself, minus of course the noble purpose. Which I guess would make Hwi, as his opposite, all noble purpose and no killer instinct; completely without guile, and embodying Leto's other side, so that between them Malky and Hwi comprise Leto's main attributes.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

georgiedenbro wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Malky's only significance is that he was a favored companion of Leto which gave them the idea to make Hwi, his opposite clone, to woo him.
I do sometimes wonder, though, whether Malky was engineered in some way to be suitable for Leto, or whether it was a coincidence and he just really liked the guy. When I think about the book it seems to me that Malky may have shared some characteristics that Leto had; cunning, devious and of the disposition to make it look like he was doing something while really doing something else, and with a 'touch of the worm' about him - that characteristic of ferocity or animal nature that goes beyond rationality and it more like the blood calling to action. Maybe I could call it the killer instinct, or a touch of cruelty. Although Malky is in some sense portrayed as being something of a scoundrel, I think the questionable qualities in him may be similar qualities that Leto recognizes in himself, minus of course the noble purpose. Which I guess would make Hwi, as his opposite, all noble purpose and no killer instinct; completely without guile, and embodying Leto's other side, so that between them Malky and Hwi comprise Leto's main attributes.
I don't think Malky was engineered for Leto's court, at least I don't recall and evidence of that in the text, but I'm sure he was selected, if not bred, for the role.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

iirc Hwi mentions something about being the created as the complete opposite of Malky. I'm not sure where but I got the impression that Malky was at the very least molded to be a foil to Leto and based off Leto's reaction, Hwi was created.

Guess it's time to read GEoD again.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Ampoliros wrote:iirc Hwi mentions something about being the created as the complete opposite of Malky. I'm not sure where but I got the impression that Malky was at the very least molded to be a foil to Leto and based off Leto's reaction, Hwi was created.

Guess it's time to read GEoD again.
That's exactly what Leto noted about her to Moneo.
~Pink Snowman
distrans

Post by distrans »

they invested the lions share of their civilization to create hwi

it would be interesting to discover what reactions to malky by the god emperor made this seem like a reasonable investment...
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

distrans wrote:they invested the lions share of their civilization to create hwi
How do you know that?
distrans

Post by distrans »

I recall a line where leto mentions how much it cost him to build a no-room and that it must of bankrupted them to build the place where she was born and grew up
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

that sounds more like something Bobo and Teh Hack would have said.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!