"Goldman Sachs rules the world"

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

trang

Re: "Goldman Sachs rules the world"

Post by trang »

Nekrun, I am ok with opposing views, its the nature of things. T

the removal of the party system would help eliminate the career politicians. The representatives are there to work and do the biding of the people. I would cut the election process down to 30-45 days (peoples memories arent that long) It would allow more time to work on issues and less time in front of cameras and media wasting tax payers time and money.

Debt is good if they owe us, not us owing them, and holding the dollar hostage.

Getting out of the war business is a good thing, security and home defense. The world erupting over there is fine, we just keep at arms link and do what we can, but only so far.

overall, as long as discussion of opposing views leads to true productivity, let the discussions continue.

Like you said, the empty headed elite(obama included) in Washington cant see (nor hear a single goddamn thing) beyond their contributors will.

can only keep talking, maybe someone will hear.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I'm kinda odd (I run into similar people often enough though) in that I'm very centerist, but I don't have a moderate view on most things - most things I'm somewhere towards one of the extremes, it's just that half those are leftist and half rightwing.

I'm pretty sure I'm right. :wink:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Nekhrun wrote:
JustSomeGuy wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:cut defense spending by at least 50%
Whoa! Listen, I speak from a place of ignorance. Is that even possible?
Not with the assholes running things. We easily outspend the rest of the world combined. What's the fucking point when everything is small teams & drones these days?

Hell, I'd cut it by 100%. What would happen? Nothing. If someone attacked us the whole country would be crawling with people trying to fight them.
Let's not get crazy now...

I believe the trend is moving towards smaller special forces teams in the military but you have to understand, the training and support infrastructure to back those guys up is very expensive.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Freakzilla wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
JustSomeGuy wrote:
Not with the assholes running things. We easily outspend the rest of the world combined. What's the fucking point when everything is small teams & drones these days?

Hell, I'd cut it by 100%. What would happen? Nothing. If someone attacked us the whole country would be crawling with people trying to fight them.

I believe the trend is moving towards smaller special forces teams in the military but you have to understand, the training and support infrastructure to back those guys up is very expensive.
That's why by the end of my post I decided we should just stop all of it and give the money to NASA. :wink:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
JustSomeGuy wrote:

Spice is the worm's gonads.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

That's why I should have easy access to fully automatic weapons. You just never know when someone will try to liberate us...
I bring nothing to the table.
lotek

Post by lotek »

"Goldman Sachs rules the world"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Next week at work we have a meeting on the new heath care changes. What, you may ask, has this to do with Goldman Sachs?

My company...
has engaged The Ayco Company, L.P., a Goldman Sachs company, to provide details and answer any questions on the 2012 U.S. medical plan changes and the new Health Savings Account (HSA).
:dance:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

does that mean you're gonna rule the world ?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Freakzilla wrote:Next week at work we have a meeting on the new heath care changes. What, you may ask, has this to do with Goldman Sachs?

My company...
has engaged The Ayco Company, L.P., a Goldman Sachs company, to provide details and answer any questions on the 2012 U.S. medical plan changes and the new Health Savings Account (HSA).
:dance:
I love those "Q & A sessions" where they send some idiot who can't really answer questions but is really great at obfuscation.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Nekhrun wrote:I love those "Q & A sessions" where they send some idiot who can't really answer questions but is really great at obfuscation.
Like the news shows where they interview people, and the people being interviewed don't really know what the hell they're talking about.
I bring nothing to the table.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

JustSomeGuy wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:I love those "Q & A sessions" where they send some idiot who can't really answer questions but is really great at obfuscation.
Like the news shows where they interview people, and the people being interviewed don't really know what the hell they're talking about.
It's exactly the same kind of thing. Pointless.

DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

JustSomeGuy wrote:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

:lol: That's one of my new favorite things!

SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

I remember seeing that soon after it happened on (I think) Have I Got News For You. Classic! :lol:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Exxon Mobil's quarterly profit rose 41 percent.

Exxon Mobil Corp.'s total net income rose to $10.33 billion, or $2.13 per share, in the third quarter. That compared with $7.35 billion, or $1.44 per share, a year earlier.

Revenue rose 32 percent to $125.3 billion.

http://news.yahoo.com/exxon-mobil-profi ... 34611.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

These "Occupy" people are doing this all wrong. Occupations require guns, and shooting people and blowing up buildings. If they want results they'd better get started on that.