The Top 25 Gaming Consoles

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

The Top 25 Gaming Consoles

Post by Sandwurm88 »

This is a really interesting list on the top 25 gaming consoles of all time by IGN. I've played maybe six of these, and some of them I've never heard of, what your opinion on this list? I don't think I've ever played number one before, and Game Cube seems too low IMO.
http://www.ign.com/top-25-consoles/
trang

Re: The Top 25 Gaming Consoles

Post by trang »

I have owned or played on at length on 20 of those. I still own and are functional with games the NES or Nintendo 16 and the atari 2600 and playstation one. I have a playstation 2 also but my daughter uses it until I get her PS3, just havent got around to it. I almost bought a atari 7800 this weekend at a garage sale.

The ones I haven't been on are the new ones mostly. I thought there should be an Amiga system of some type on this list, May have been to much of a computer and console system to qualify.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

D Pope

Re: The Top 25 Gaming Consoles

Post by D Pope »

You're probably right about the Amiga, I was looking for W-Indutries Virtuality systems and completely abashed to find NeoGeo had made the cut.
(Amiga ran the amazing stuff for them.)
What memories. It was good working on that stuff, pity it never paid well.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos