"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: Vlog

Post by Nekhrun »

In one of your videos about Extremists, you tell the supporters of one, "Up Yours," in your video description? Do you know what that means and how un-Christlike that is? Somehow I can't picture Baby Jesus telling someone to put something up his ass. If he did, I'd have to reconsider my belief system, but this is one more example of what a hypocrite you are.

Do you take requests? I can't wait for your post about the woman's role in modern society?

Anyway, I'm downloading them now for later viewing.

Thanks!

P.S. Did you read all those books behind you?!
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

I think some of us, including myself, owe you an apology, Nebiros. You have some really good ideas there about proportional representation and extremism. I'd also like to add that you project a real confidence on camera that really impressed me. Some people talk too fast and you can tell that they're really nervous, but you take your time, putting in all the right pauses, and I can tell that you've done quite a bit of public speaking. Have you done any acting? Because I think you'd be really good at it. I mean, the way you stop and take a drink of water really makes a person think about what you've just said. It's a very bold, even daring choice.

Excellent vlog. Really impressed. Really impressed. :clap:
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Are there any monkeys near where you live?
I bring nothing to the table.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

JustSomeGuy wrote:Are there any monkeys near where you live?
Look, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong, and the whole orangutan thing is, at best, childish. At worst, something did, in fact, happen, and it involved an encounter with an orangutan, and it's not something we should make light of.

I just think it's important, as an intellectual, to recognize a good idea when it comes along, regardless of the source. And perhaps my behavior towards this particular source has been immature, and based on some misconceptions I may have had about Nebiros. Now that I know more about his philosophy, I think that I may have misunderestimated him, and that we would probably be friends, if we met under different circumstances. If something did, in fact, happen, involving an orangutan, who am I to judge it, or make crass, immature jokes about it? It may have been a very traumatic experience, and it may have happened when he, or someone in his family, was trying to do something good for animals.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

merkin muffley wrote:Look, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong, and the whole orangutan thing is, at best, childish. At worst, something did, in fact, happen, and it involved an encounter with an orangutan, and it's not something we should make light of.
You fucking traitor! The sexual dynanism of a four handed hominid is second to none! And you know it! Ohhhhhh! You pretend to talk of intellectualism, immaturity and misconceptions. Yet I know you long for a certain ginger touch thay can only be had in certain jungles in Borneo.

Oh my! The memories alone are overpowering, and you know it. I can smell your rutting-musk from here, Merkin. Give in. Return to the I.M.O.L.A. return to your destiny.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Omphalos wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:Look, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong, and the whole orangutan thing is, at best, childish. At worst, something did, in fact, happen, and it involved an encounter with an orangutan, and it's not something we should make light of.
You fucking traitor
Yeah, I thought I would get this kind of reaction. In what way am I a traitor? Because I recognize good ideas? I am a strong advocate of Centrist Politics in the United States, and it always amazes me that I get this kind of vitriolic reaction from both sides of the political spectrum. Extremism is rampant in this culture, which leads me to believe that the conclusions outlined in Nebiros' blog are correct - this is NOT the greatest Democracy in the world. This is a country full of extremists where the gang mentality permeates our political discourse. Is this democracy? Or is this mob rule?

I started making fun of Nebiros because I heard things about him from the powers that be here at Jacurutu, not because I had actually experienced them myself. I had heard, second-hand, "Nebiros hates women" or "Nebiros is an asshole" or "Nebiros' father was raped by an orangutan" (which is, really, not funny) and I made the mistake of buying into it. Now that I've actually heard him express his true political views, I find him to be an articulate, knowledgeable, strikingly-handsome young man, who is not a Conservative (although, my one criticism would be of Nebiros' affection for Barack Obama, which is a little too 2008 for my tastes :lol: :wink: ), but has very sensible and well-considered opinions.

In fact, I would like to see him do a blog on gender, and hear what he really thinks, first-hand. Again, Nebiros, I apologize for the way I piled on and bought into this character assassination that you were some kind of pedantic twat librarian, and I would like you to know that I am looking forward to hearing more from you, directly.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

merkin muffley wrote:Is this democracy? Or is this mob rule?
What's the difference?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Freakzilla wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:Is this democracy? Or is this mob rule?
What's the difference?
Another good topic for the vlog.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Nubby, what is your opinion on using sheep vagina to satisfy ones sexual urge? After all, they do resemble human female genitalia.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yes, Nebby, how are things... coming down there these days? I gather from the Waruga "vlog", which is what I got when I clicked your link, and all its little stylized phallic tombstones (you called them "houses"?) with their carved decorations from the Kama Sutra, that you must be rather PENT UP by now. :lol:

I remember that after the birth of your daughter you vowed that you would have no more children. Does that mean you have stopped having sex with your wife entirely? Or are you being good Catholics and using the rhythm method?

Anyway, how about some viddy of your wife? You know, the naughty ones you've taken to masturbate over since you can't have sex with her anymore.

Failing that, some sexed up 'tang stuff would be kewl! :laughing:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh yeah, almost forgot...

One of those Waruga glans carvings appeared to be a woman spreading her legs with her vagina and uterus prolapsed all over the floor. Reminded me of Hyppo and the good ole bad ole days on Arrakeen when you used to run whining to her like a little bitch crying "Rules! Rules!" and she would coddle you like a baby with the mawkish watery shit which was all she could squeeze out of her swollen udders. That was before she discovered arnoldo and his greater need, of course, and she cast you aside.

Anyway, GOOD TIMES!!! :lol:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

The flaming and piling on continues, I see. :roll: As far as I can tell from watching Nebiros' blog, this is an intelligent young man trying to initiate a political discourse. You act like he's posted a sequel to Mr. Hands, about orangutans. I wonder, when Darwin first proposed his theory of evolution, how many people listened, and how many people went straight to, "You have sex with monkeys!" without giving his ideas any consideration? I bet that happened a lot. I bet Darwin would've been flamed mercilessly in internet forums.

Just keep going, Nebiros. Some of us are listening.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

But more of us are laughing! :laughing:

(Sorry, Nebby, but I couldn't listen to more than a couple of minutes of one of your "serious" "vlogs"... the way you were fingering the base of your drink glass was just too sexual and distracting... :hand: Just go have a good wank already and get it over and done with. Jesus isn't really watching ALL the time. And do you honestly believe that He never stuffed the ole sausage by hand? :roll: )
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

:roll: Well, I'm just going to carry on with some genuinely constructive criticism.

NOTES:
A. CONTENT
I'm to "American Politics Part 3" and I'm finding the series to be very informative. I don't have any notes in terms of content - keep it coming.

B. STYLE
One thing did occur to me about your delivery. You have an excellent presence, as I've alluded to before, and you make bold and effective choices in your presentation. For example, your pauses are excellent, and they draw the audience in. As I've alluded to before, this is a bold choice, and demonstrates a lot of self-confidence, which is the key in this kind of thing. My suggestion to you would be to do even more of this. Let your personality shine through more. In "American Politics P. 3" there's a moment, starting around 1:30, where you introduce a little levity into your presentation. I think this was excellent, and that you should introduce more humor, more often. It can be hard to judge this kind of thing without an audience, but I guarantee that a moment like this would get a big laugh, and would be even more effective than your pauses for drawing in the audience.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH5-5TRC ... re=related[/youtube]
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nebhish? Since you're at the circulation desk there, would you reach down and show us a copy of The Monster of Rok-Rok? I still want to see it.

Merk, you can reach down and grab a monkey. Traitor.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I want to know what library that is that serves beer.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Omphalos wrote: Merk, you can reach down and grab a monkey. Traitor.
LIST OF PEOPLE FROM HISTORY WHO HAVE "BETRAYED" THE MOB
1. Rosa Parks
2. Joan of Arc
3. Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. Jane Goodall
5. Jesus Christ
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

merkin muffley wrote:
Omphalos wrote: Merk, you can reach down and grab a monkey. Traitor.
LIST OF PEOPLE FROM HISTORY WHO HAVE "BETRAYED" THE MOB
1. Rosa Parks
2. Joan of Arc
3. Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. Jane Goodall
5. Jesus Christ
Ha! There's Jane Goodall! Methinks your true colors are showing?

Fly that freak flag proudly, monkey-boy.

Goodnight Golden Path!
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Omphalos wrote: Fly that freak flag proudly, monkey-boy.
As someone who has, in the past, participated in ad hominem attacks, I suppose this is karma. And if having the conviction to stand by a good idea like Jane Goodall makes me a monkey boy, then I'm doing something right, and I accept that ad hominem attack as a badge of honor. Again, I'm sure Darwin was called "monkey boy" by his detractors.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

I would really like to know if there are monkeys near where he lives. Are you allowed to keep them as pets? What are they like? Are you friends with any of them, or are there any that you hate? I would really like to know.

Also...
Freakzilla wrote:I want to know what library that is that serves beer.
Can you imagine? I wish my local library served beer.
I bring nothing to the table.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Hey Merk, why is Jesus at #5 instead of at #1? And if you're so enamoured with Darwin, why is he not on the list at all? Pick a side, already.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

Merkin: I greatly appreciate the constructive commentary. I have to express some modesty here. I'm no public speaker nor am I a good actor. I carefully thought out what needed to be said and take down the notes and it's easy to maintain composure and confidence when you make a recorded speech without an audience.

Now while I only intended to just announce my vlog in case anyone was interested, I feel I need to answer some questions posted here.

Do I take requests? Sure but only if you promise to keep watching my vlog. After all, why bother if nobody watches? My views on women you ask? Well maybe sometime in the future I'll make that vlog.

Are there monkeys near where I live? Yes they live deep in the forests but are extremely rare because they have been hunted to near extinction. They are the Celebes crested macaques. You can find them easily in national parks. And no there will be no orangutans in my vlog.

My library only serves coffee to VIPs. We also have a water cooler. The glass is my glass I brought in. The videos are recorded during closing hours.

I did not read all those books behind me. Not all of them are in English or Indonesian.

Omphalos: I'll show you my book in the next video I record but first I need to upload two more recorded videos.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Nebiros wrote:My views on women you ask? Well maybe sometime in the future I'll make that vlog.
I look forward to that with great anticip...
~Pink Snowman