Dragon*Con!!!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

TheDukester

Re: Dragon*Con!!!

Post by TheDukester »

TheDukester wrote:Is Anderjacket going? I'd have expected some more Twatting about it by this point ...
Ah, there we go — he finally Twatted about it. Sadly, he will be attending. To do what, exactly, I have no idea. Pose for pictures with the mouth-breathers of the 501st is my only guess.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:Fort Concho is hosting the United States Cavalry Association's National Championship ....
Interesting, I was IN the US Cavalry and didn't even know there was an "association". :?

(My uncle, who was a jockey before WWII, trained at Ft. Riley. I think I posted a picture here somewhere...)
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

There was a full page ad for Winds of Dune in the middle of the D*C Program. :puke:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla wrote:There was a full page ad for Winds of Dune in the middle of the D*C Program. :puke:

which proves they can't read...
Spice is the worm's gonads.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Probably a smart move on TOR's part, even thought I hate admitting something like that.

The U.S. paperback edition debuted Aug. 3, so getting it in front of the eyes of thousands of rabid convention-goers about one month later is a pretty solid decision. Especially considering it's not selling at all:
Amazon wrote:#120,303 in Books
That's just pathetic for being about a month old (and for having a big "DUNE" on the cover, of course). I was wondering about the lack of Keith twatting about the release of the paperback, its sales figures, its best-seller status ... and that pretty much explains it.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I figured that was because sales sucked.

One thing about the ad that jumped out at me...

It didn't say "NYT Best Seller" it said something like "From the NYT Best Selling SERIES".

:lol:
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Ouch!

I'll bet Keith just hates that. :lol:
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

HA! That is funny.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

It's fun watching the McDune franchise crash and burn in slow motion.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

What's this shit (being Twittered) about KJA & Jabecca doing a panel on race in SF all about?

What the FUCK would those two fish-belly whitebreads know about RACE?

(Or is she supposed to be some kind of Latina with that Moesta monicker? :roll: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I just see that as more Celebration of Mediocrity.

There's no standards at all in SF/F fandom. He was on that panel strictly because he's a safe name-brand to the mouth-breathing completists who will support anything with a familiar logo. Clearly, he knows nothing about race or race issues. But who cares when you've got a convention center jammed to the rafters with fanbois who cannot think for themselves?

Hell, they could have thrown anyone up on that stage. Until SF/F fandom begins thinking critically, it really doesn't matter.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

goddamnit, I had some "Spanky McDune" 3D-model scenes started, to mock him in real-time
about his appearances at DragonCon, but I didn't get around to finishing them .. oh, well,
I'm sure there will be other opportunities ..

Freakzilla wrote:
SandRider wrote:Fort Concho is hosting the United States Cavalry Association's National Championship ....
Interesting, I was IN the US Cavalry and didn't even know there was an "association". :?
(My uncle, who was a jockey before WWII, trained at Ft. Riley. I think I posted a picture here somewhere...)
http://www.uscavalry.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OUR HISTORY AND MISSION

In 1976, a group of cavalrymen met to assess the status of preservation initiatives relating to the history, equipment, literature, traditions, and heritage of the Cavalry. Their findings were not encouraging; many significant reminders of the past presented by artifacts, documents, and photographs of the Cavalry simply vanished or had been discarded, their value unrecognized. To safeguard the legacy of the Cavalry and to halt the grievous losses diminishing the cultural substance of our country’s rich past, the US Cavalry Association was formed that year. From that small group of cavalrymen, the Association has grown to a diverse and unique organization, national in scope, striving to preserve the Cavalry heritage.

The major objective of the Association is the preservation of a heritage focused on the individualism and resourcefulness epitomized by the U.S. Cavalry and reflected in the combined skill of man and horse or of man and machine.

We are sponsors of the U.S. Cavalry Museum at Fort Riley, Kansas, part of the Army Museum System, housed in the historic building that once was the headquarters of the famous U.S. Army Cavalry School. We assist in the preservation and display of priceless Cavalry artifacts from the Revolutionary War to modern timeThe U.S. Cavalry Memorial Research Library, opened to the general public, is a repository of historical Cavalry literature and documents. As part of the Library, we are developing a one-of-a-kind computer data bank of biographical and genealogical information on cavalrymen of all ranks and of all times. The Library serves as a center for disseminating Cavalry history and providing information to members and the general public. Other important functions of the Library include searching out, acquiring, and restoring Cavalry documents,, photographs, and publications. The resources of the Library help educate the public about the Cavalry’s role in America’s history.
2010 Bivouac and National Cavalry Competition
September 29-October 2
Fort Concho, San Angelo, Texas
Sep 29 Pre-competition clinics
Competitors meeting
Sep 30 - Oct 2
# National Cavalry Competition Authenticity
# Mounted Bugler
# Military Equitation
# Mounted Pistol
# Maj. Howze Mobility Test
# Military Field Jumping
# Mounted Saber
# Platoon Drill
# Bolte Cup
Oct 3 Fiddler's Green Ceremony
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

2011 Dragon*Con Parade

http://www.wsbtv.com/slideshow/entertai ... etail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Was the Asshat there again this year? I haven't been paying much attention to Twatter lately.

(If he was, I wonder if there was a pizza get-together with the Porkers! :lol: )
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I didn't go this year so I didn't bother to look...

Of course he was:

Kevin J. Anderson
Fri 02:30 pm (WRIT)
Sat 01:00 pm (AR)
Sat 04:00 pm (READ)
Sat 07:00 pm (MAIN)
Sun 11:30 am (AUTO)
Sun 01:00 pm (WRIT)
Sun 05:30 pm (SW)
Sun 07:00 pm (SFLIT)

http://advertising.dragoncon.org/wp-con ... 082911.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:roll:

"Panel speaker Kevin J. Anderson will discuss his successes creating books for people who don't read very well." :shock:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote::roll:

"Panel speaker Kevin J. Anderson will discuss his successes creating books for people who don't read very well." :shock:
He's finaly found his niche! :dance:
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Wait, it actually says that?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

No way.
I bring nothing to the table.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I just relived a tiny smidgeon of the joy of getting Freak banned from DN. :laughing-rolling:

I am a bit disappointed in you, tho, Amp. :lol:

ALWAYS DEMAND CITATIONS! TRUST NO ONE! :naughty:
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

"Panel speaker Kevin J. Anderson will discuss his successes creating books for people who don't read good." :shock:

Fixed.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nice! Geeve da man a feesh! :P
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SandChigger wrote::lol:

Nice! Geeve da man a feesh! :P
I prefer salamander.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nice! Geeve da man a soolamundeer! :lol:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Keith's scheduled appearances this year:

Zombies: Beyond Armageddon - Sat 2:30 pm
Zombies in non-apocalyptic scenarios

Dragon*Con Guest of Honor Awards Banquet - Sat 7:00 pm
We honor our 2012 Guests of Honor and present the Julie Award and Hank Reinhardt Fandom Award.

Autograph Session - Sun 11:30 am

Laughter in the Graveyard - Sun 7:00 pm
The use of humor in dark fantasy

http://advertising.dragoncon.org/wp-con ... am-web.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman