Ridiculous..ly AWESOME!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Simon

Ridiculous..ly AWESOME!

Post by Simon »

Okay, just clicked on the "view more smilies" link: That is cool. LOL

Maybe I don't spend enough time on the internet anymore, but that is the largest single selection I have ever seen.

Suggestions?
Maaaaayyyyybe do something about this plain page skin (coughcoughFreakzillacough). :)
A Thing of Eternity

Re: Ridiculous..ly AWESOME!

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Simon wrote:Okay, just clicked on the "view more smilies" link: That is cool. LOL

Maybe I don't spend enough time on the internet anymore, but that is the largest single selection I have ever seen.

Suggestions?
Maaaaayyyyybe do something about this plain page skin (coughcoughFreakzillacough). :)

Which one are you looking at? We've got at least one custom one, using the "dune font", orange and tan/grey backgrounds, killer Jacurutu logo.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't have the time or the skills to do it and I've asked for volunteers. The offer is still open.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

I maintain he's probably looking at the wrong skin. The one I have is great, you don't want too much clutter or pictures in the background, shit like that just makes the page load slower and makes it hard on the eyes.

The only thing I'd upgrade about the current orange/grey one is using the Dune font more throughout it if possible, but that wouldn't be loading in a graphic, that's be loading in a font most likely if we're talking about the subforum titles and such.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I would like some kind of graphic artwork eventually but nothing as gaudy as DN.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

It's so hard to do without it ending up looking as over-done as DN, or something crazy like hyppo would have done.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

I'm just now messing with this. I think I'll try the dark gray skin for a while. It looks pretty cool. Smileys on the left and font colors on the right, other options I'm not used to...
I bring nothing to the table.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:using the Dune font more throughout it if possible
That's a minor tweak to the CSS files provided people have the font on their machines.

If you want everyone to see it regardless of their environment, you have to make image files, and those can be a pain if not done right (sized properly, etc).

This new[er] boardware completely changes the theme and styling set-up. I've looked at it but gave up in disgust. Maybe we should take up a collection and pay DuneFishUK to do one! :D
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

I created some quick Jacurutu graphics for all the themes currently installed - they're in one of these threads somewhere, just need FTP'ing over the top of the "phpbb" placeholder images. :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -