Carrie Fisher considers getting back into THAT famous bikini

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: Carrie Fisher considers getting back into THAT famous bikini

Post by Nekhrun »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Agreed. She wasn't ugly in Star Wars, but she certainly wasn't "hot", just very average.
The hottest thing about her now is that she constantly sounds like she's holding back vomit.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

I don't know; I think she was cute. Maybe average cute, but still cute.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I'll give her cute, maybe not my type per say, but cute I'll give her.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Better than the replacement posted above at any rate...
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
A Thing of Eternity

SadisticCynic wrote:Better than the replacement posted above at any rate...
Really? I'd say that girl is easily 10x better looking than Carrie.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Not that Carrie is particularly beautiful or anything, just better than Alessandra in my opinion.

This might be another one of those times where my tastes are a little odd. There are relatively only a few in the hot girl/boy thread that I find :drool: -worthy for example.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
A Thing of Eternity

Me too, I have a very wide taste in girls but it can be pretty random at times, and I tend much more towards "cute" girls than "hot" ones. Ones that look like they could be in a calendar are generally pretty boring to me.

Unless they're Asian or Indian, then I tend back towards the classic definition of "hot". Usually...

Can we agree on Grace Parks?
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

I'll fuck anything that moves.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Me too, I have a very wide taste in girls but it can be pretty random at times, and I tend much more towards "cute" girls than "hot" ones. Ones that look like they could be in a calendar are generally pretty boring to me.

Unless they're Asian or Indian, then I tend back towards the classic definition of "hot". Usually...

*performs quick Google Images search* Yeah, I think we can agree on her. :wink:

Hard to classify attractiveness, I reckon.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

merkin muffley wrote:I'll fuck anything that moves.
It's true, guys. The last time Merk visited my house, the fish stopped swimming ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

SadisticCynic wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Me too, I have a very wide taste in girls but it can be pretty random at times, and I tend much more towards "cute" girls than "hot" ones. Ones that look like they could be in a calendar are generally pretty boring to me.

*performs quick Google Images search* Yeah, I think we can agree on her. :wink:

Hard to classify attractiveness, I reckon.
You had to google her? Man, it's Boomer from BSG! Which just makes her 10 times more awesome.

Plus she's one of the few girls that's significantly older than me that I find attractive.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

:oops: I haven't watched any BSG.
A Thing of Eternity

It's good man, especially the first half of the show (the miniseries that starts it off has some weak points but it's decent over all), the first 1.5 seasons are good, then it's really the very middle of the show that's just incredible in my opinion. I liked the ending, won't say anything about it other than that they made some weird deviations about 2/3 of the way through the show that messed it up a bit, but I think they pulled out of their tailspin and made it happen. Not as pretty as if they'd didn't take the dive in the first place, but they sure didn't crash and burn!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:Better than the replacement posted above at any rate...
Really? I'd say that girl is easily 10x better looking than Carrie.
Seriously? I think Carrie is prettier.
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Can we agree on Grace Parks?
Absolutely. I thought she was by far the most attractive woman on BSG. (Sorry, Mandy).

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

I know you've all moved on, but I said something earlier about the possibility of Rebecca Moesta looking really good if only she would lose some weight. I guess that picture I found is an old one. I was looking through KJA's blog, and she looks really fat and beat up in the more recent pictures. I just felt like I had to get that out there.

Alessandra Torresani or Grace Parks?

Alessandra Torresani, although I think they're both just average-looking.

What is BSG?
I bring nothing to the table.
A Thing of Eternity

JustSomeGuy wrote:Alessandra Torresani or Grace Parks?

What is BSG?
Battlestar Galactica.

Grace Parks is pretty above average in my books, not a 9 out of 10 or anything, but at least a 7 in my opinion, possibly pushing an 8. (And waaaaaaay hotter than that other girl we're talking about, but I'm massively biased towards exotic girls)

And that's on the AToE scale :D which is less generous than most, most people have "5" as "just barely attractive" and then go up and down from that point - My scale doesn't put "plain" or "average" above 5, "plain" would be like a 3, Carrie Fisher being maybe a 3.5 for example, "average" would be 4 or 5... 6 is like the lower end of real head-turner, 7 is gorgeous like seriously drives you crazy, and above 8 is when we start getting into "magical land" where it just doesn't even seem possible how someone could be that beautiful, then 9 is like the kind of girl you see once or twice a decade in real life if you're lucky (even just passing by on the street), and 10 doesn't exist, it's just there to compare to. 10 is like lightspeed, you can get closer and closer and keep adding digits after the decimal place, but you can't actually get to it.

Then it gets complicated, because the numbers don't all line up with any specific kind of look at all, there are 9's that are cute, quirky, outright odd, sex-pot hot, subtle and sublime, refined and majestic, every possible one of those and more then repeats itself in every ethnicity... And the terms "hot" and "beautiful" can by some people be interchangeable, but for other people they mean different things (they're different things to me).

And the ending caveat - it's all personal taste of course. Sometimes people can agree, but what makes my knees go weak might just be a mere head-turner or even uninteresting entirely to someone else. I know that a lot of what people consider to be like crazy hot isn't even girls I would pause breifly on while scanning a group. Add to that the simple fact that knowing a person to any degree can increase or decrease their attractiveness signifcantly - if Grace Parks hadn't played one of my all time favourite filmed SF characters maybe I'd only be giving her a 6.

Now, what I want to know, is obviously we've got some people here with some less common tastes, who is it that you'd rank above a 7 on the AToE scale?
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

TheDukester wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:I'll fuck anything that moves.
It's true, guys. The last time Merk visited my house, the fish stopped swimming ...
I thought that was so unattractive.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

:shock:

The Dukester's back! :dance:
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

What is BSG?
Battlestar Galactica.

Grace Parks is pretty above average in my books, not a 9 out of 10 or anything, but at least a 7 in my opinion, possibly pushing an 8. (And waaaaaaay hotter than that other girl we're talking about, but I'm massively biased towards exotic girls)

And that's on the AToE scale :D which is less generous than most, most people have "5" as "just barely attractive" and then go up and down from that point - My scale doesn't put "plain" or "average" above 5, "plain" would be like a 3, Carrie Fisher being maybe a 3.5 for example, "average" would be 4 or 5... 6 is like the lower end of real head-turner, 7 is gorgeous like seriously drives you crazy, and above 8 is when we start getting into "magical land" where it just doesn't even seem possible how someone could be that beautiful, then 9 is like the kind of girl you see once or twice a decade in real life if you're lucky (even just passing by on the street), and 10 doesn't exist, it's just there to compare to. 10 is like lightspeed, you can get closer and closer and keep adding digits after the decimal place, but you can't actually get to it.

Then it gets complicated, because the numbers don't all line up with any specific kind of look at all, there are 9's that are cute, quirky, outright odd, sex-pot hot, subtle and sublime, refined and majestic, every possible one of those and more then repeats itself in every ethnicity... And the terms "hot" and "beautiful" can by some people be interchangeable, but for other people they mean different things (they're different things to me).

And the ending caveat - it's all personal taste of course. Sometimes people can agree, but what makes my knees go weak might just be a mere head-turner or even uninteresting entirely to someone else. I know that a lot of what people consider to be like crazy hot isn't even girls I would pause breifly on while scanning a group. Add to that the simple fact that knowing a person to any degree can increase or decrease their attractiveness signifcantly - if Grace Parks hadn't played one of my all time favourite filmed SF characters maybe I'd only be giving her a 6.

Now, what I want to know, is obviously we've got some people here with some less common tastes, who is it that you'd rank above a 7 on the AToE scale?
I think I agree with you on most of that, except I don't usually even rate people who would be less than a 4 or 5. It seems to get exponentially more difficult to get higher than 6. Plain and average would be around 4 or 5.

I'd add one extra caveat, which is that a particular look (as in way of presenting oneself, including dress, hair etc.) can have huge impact on whether or not I think someone is attractive. And I don't mean someone having a bad day, just a different style.
Last edited by SadisticCynic on 30 Aug 2011 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Grace Park has a pretty face, but she needs a few daily cheeseburgers for a while.

Typically I do not go for the white chicks, but 6 was unreal. Hubba-hubba!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

SadisticCynic wrote:

What is BSG?
Battlestar Galactica.

Was there a post that went along with this?
A Thing of Eternity

Omphalos wrote:Grace Park has a pretty face, but she needs a few daily cheeseburgers for a while.

Typically I do not go for the white chicks, but 6 was unreal. Hubba-hubba!
I like skinny chicks so.... plus she's not even upsettingly thin, she's got some meat on the bones, just small breast - also I love small breasts, so it just gets better and better for me.

6 to me is someone I can look at and say objectively, yes she is a very pretty person, but she really does almost nothing for me. Sure, if she was physically in my bed I'm sure my opinion would change, but this is a perfect example of personal preference for sure!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I find almost all women, who aren't my wife, attractive.

No fat chicks.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:No fat chicks.
Starting now.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

(Thing: Yes there should have been a post to go along with that; not quite sure what happened there. I've edited it to add my thought.)