Shysterhood page finally up on Amazon US!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Shysterhood page finally up on Amazon US!

Post by Freakzilla »

Reviews stopped after "Dune Babies".

If my one synapse still sparks...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Right. "Dune Babies" was the NYT review of Hunters. That's the last of the McDunes that anyone there has touched.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

This is indeed true. No newspaper or magazine that anyone has ever heard of has bothered with McDune in many, many years. All of the "reviews" Anderhack is always moo-ing about are from SF sites and one-man blogs. And many more of the latter than the former.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
trang

Post by trang »

The bad is that KJA/BH are making a lot of cash off the legacy.

The worse is that KJA will get any publicity he can, but all it amounts to really is writing on a bathroom wall.

National media wont touch such a small topic, although they seem to find the johnson of some obsure Democrat Congressman to be headline news, go figure. The destruction of the legacy of a literary masterpiece, just aint sexy.

If I had the money to blow, I would be glad to by a nice folding chair, have crafted a tee shirt or sign and sit in silent protest at these gas station level engagements, would be fun.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Sev

Post by Sev »

Keith's just twatted that, during a re-read/edit of Sisters - he's started making notes for Mentats of Dune. :puke:

Will these abominations ever end?
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, Mentwats will just be the second volume of the Great Stools trilogy(?), so there are at least two more coming after Shysterhood, provided it doesn't tank so badly the publishers decide to cancel the contracts once and for all.

And they claim that the "Heroes" series-that-was-never-a-series-really is just on hiatus, not cancelled, so there are one or two more books there, as well.

We're looking at anywhere from two to four more voidings of Kevin J. Anderson's creative orifice before this shit is done.
trang

Post by trang »

it appears we must suffer for quite awhile longer.

I cant even begin to comprehend the staggering blunder these two are going to make with the schools books. It will be wandering rambling yammering with no end.

I really really hate the idea they are fucking with the BeneGesserit, Mentats, Guild, and so forth. They just dont have the mental depth, as demonstrated in their previous crap.

As for them writing more after POD/WOD, I cant see them touching Leto II/GodEmperor, they just don't understand it, and never will. "hey brian, LetoII/GodEmperor, he is a big mean worm tyrant who oppresses everyone and everything, lets write sadist story crap about his adventures, that will sell."

Just want to take a set of Franks Six, make earmuffs of them (3 on each side) and just walk away never able to hear anything from these two morons again.

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

The thought of Kevin J. Anderson and that other idiot trying to write about mentats is laugh-out-loud funny.

Anderhack has a long-established reputation as someone who creates dumb-ass characters. Even the one ones described as "geniuses" or "leaders" end up doing the stupidest things.

He's just not very smart. Not in a trying-to-insult-him sort of way; it's the literal truth. He is not an intelligent person.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

trang wrote:As for them writing more after POD/WOD, I cant see them touching Leto II/GodEmperor, they just don't understand it, and never will. "hey brian, LetoII/GodEmperor, he is a big mean worm tyrant who oppresses everyone and everything, lets write sadist story crap about his adventures, that will sell."
It won't be about Leto the Tyrant, it'll be about Leto becoming the tyrant.

Following CoD we have Super-Leto facing new plots in a changing empire. He and his sister are dragged into a particularly vicious Harkonnen one, a Duncan is ordered up and they fight back. Just when things are going well, Ghani is captured and killed. Duncan blames himself, but then blames Leto, and decides to kill Leto. Duncan fails and dies, Leto becomes a Tyrant.

Expand that to 400 pages of young adult adventure toss and you have Leto of Dune - bet you 20p. Coming soon to the WordFire Press...
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

DuneFishUK wrote:
trang wrote:As for them writing more after POD/WOD, I cant see them touching Leto II/GodEmperor, they just don't understand it, and never will. "hey brian, LetoII/GodEmperor, he is a big mean worm tyrant who oppresses everyone and everything, lets write sadist story crap about his adventures, that will sell."

Following CoD we have Super-Leto facing new plots in a changing empire. He and his sister are dragged into a particularly vicious Harkonnen one, a Duncan is ordered up and they fight back. Just when things are going well, Ghani is captured and killed. Duncan blames himself, but then blames Leto, and decides to kill Leto. Duncan fails and dies, Leto becomes a Tyrant.

Expand that to 400 pages of young adult adventure toss and you have Leto of Dune - bet you 20p. Coming soon to the WordFire Press...
That's fucking eery man, you've pretty much just written exactly what they are going to write... I'm not betting you nuthin, but I'll join in against anyone who's willing to bet the other way. :(
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Sadly, I can believe that plot synopsis. :tissue2:

For the sake of your sanity, GET OUT OF THEIR HEADS!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That deserves to be added to the L/GPoD predictions page. With your permission! :)
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

You mentioned capture, but it will be even more cliche than that. It will be a pointless and drawn out kidnapping in there somewhere like he used to write for Han & Leia's kids. After awhile it became an in-universe joke about how much the twins were kidnapped.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Any bets what the names of Ghani's children will be?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Not the ones given in the DE? ;)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Serkanner wrote:Any bets what the names of Ghani's children will be?
Night-Train and Thunderbird.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Paul Jr, Leto Jr, Leto II Jr. Chanima (which we will be told is a Fremen word for Honorific title won in battle)

But the penultimate son named Baronus will be the one who goes all evil.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Serkanner wrote:Any bets what the names of Ghani's children will be?
Luke and Leia.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Jaina, Jacen and Anakin.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Kevan and Bekka

Rob
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I just wanted to agree with the prediction that it'll be whatever character has an evil sounding name that's the main problem in the book.
trang

Post by trang »

DuneFishUK wrote:

The sad thing is that you just gave them their outline!!! you must add sadist torture scenes, vivisection, and other such nonsense for sure. Im getting a headache just thinking about it.

Ghaimas children possible names:

Spice
Cinnamon
Mercedes
Dirk Diggler..

oh wait those are .... Other types of names

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Ginger
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Also Leto will fly at some point in the book and lament the fact that he will at some point lose that ability due to his jabeccification.
Last edited by Nekhrun on 05 Jul 2011 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Nekhrun wrote:Also Leto will fly at some point in the book and lament the fact that he will at some point lose that ability due to his jessification.
...in space.
~Pink Snowman