Dune exhibition with art of Wojciech Siudmak

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Kwisatz

Re: Dune exhibition with art of Wojciech Siudmak

Post by Kwisatz »

Maybe someone should moderate violent irrelevant content...
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

you really don't read the rest of this board, do you ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
ULFsurfer

Post by ULFsurfer »

I must say I agree with Kwisatz. Last few posts in this topic have gone a bit over the edge. I understand that some people are less popular than others, but there is no reason to be uncivilized about it. If you don't like what certain people say or write, then tell them so and why - in a nice way! If they ignore what you're telling them then start ignoring back! Eventually if everybody ignores nonsense postings here maybe these nonsense posters will give up and change their ways or just go away.

If you wanna post violent irrelevant stuff, then I suppose topics like "Random Crap" would do..
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

This stuff with Nebbish is older than this board and T(A)U. It has not been under control, ever, and I'm not the man to do it now.

If you want a pet topic kept clean, ask the posters to move it elsewhere. Posting this much about has now changed the posts you found offensive from an abberation to a true derailment. I suggest you just get back on topic, and if this continues, send PMs to the people who are vexing you. I am certain (could not be more certain, actually) that Nekhrun will gladly respect your wishes, and might even apologize. As for Nebbish, 90% of his posts are ignored anyway, so just continue to ignore him now.

Finally, You older users know that we do not delete threads, topics, posts, etc around here unless it violates one of the few objective standards in Freak's rules post, so don't ask.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

Moderate =/ delete. I read all threads on Jacurutu and TAU that are relevant to my FH studies. I always try to be on topic and give you guys some new content to read and think about. But if someone has problems with yourself and then with others, maybe it's not the sandbox that he should mess with. That's my 3 cents.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

What's the problem here?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
trang

Post by trang »

Kwisatz , thanks for the posts, the topic, and the updates you have given. Very intersesting to say the least, The art is fantastic.

I wish I had the time and money to do something like this, not in this lifetime, maybe the next. The things trapped inside my head, would be nice to get them out. I havent even had the time to learn other lanuages yet either, anyway, enough of my limits.

The topic is "Dune exhibition with art of Wojciech Siudmak",for those who missed the header.

As for problem, just few folks smacking at each others language usage, I just ignore and read pertinent to topic, as most do.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Freakzilla wrote:What's the problem here?
Freak, you can go ahead and delete my last post in this thread and this one if you feel like it.

I didn't know that we had a pure thread here that couldn't stand a side comment here or there.

Sorry if it bothered anyone besides Nebby.

Carry on.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

You should know better than to ask me to delete posts.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Kwisatz wrote:Moderate =/ delete. I read all threads on Jacurutu and TAU that are relevant to my FH studies. I always try to be on topic and give you guys some new content to read and think about. But if someone has problems with yourself and then with others, maybe it's not the sandbox that he should mess with. That's my 3 cents.
Hope you do not think I was trying to invalide that thought, Kwisatz. I feel the same myself sometimes. But here we have a strict laissez-faire attitude about internet dumb-fuckery; as in we not only refrain from deleting except for rare circumstances, but we also don't step in at the first notice, and trust our users to resolve this stuff on their own. It's worked well so far, but there are occasional instances like this.

And just FYI, this is exactly why I set up that certain thread I referred you to at T(A)U the other day; so those OH who desire a true refuge from the Dune battlegrounds really have one.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

The thing is that when I post pictures, videos and other stuff in several posts in my threads,
then I'd like to show those threads to new Dune fans I met and occasionally to some important
people to interest them in those kind of activities and maybe some of them help me to expand
Dune content on exhibition or any other Dune projects I'm involved in. It's also kind of
promotion for Jacurutu, as new fans are coming and joining. But when somebody try to play
silly games with each other it looks really unproffessional and ruin the part of the idea
(promotion of Jacurutu and show OH in a bad light). Personally I don't have problem with
negativity towards me or anybody based on false assumptions, but when topic is very serious
and his goal is to promote Dune around the world in new ways it's I think unwise to let those things happen.

For example - Mr Siudmak is always listening to fans' needs, objections and questions.
He is also considering exhibitions in USA. He also considers Dune fans as very open minded,
serious and helpful group of people. I won't tell him that 'bad apples' happen but somebody can.

Please think for a minute before you post something really offensive in serious and important thread,
cause you don't know who could read in future and what repercussions it may cause.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Consider this notification that I just rethought and refrained from posting something extremely offensive in your serious and important thread.)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm asking nicely for users who've posted off topic comments to clean them up.

Please

With whipped cream and a cherry...

While I'm in a good mood.
~Pink Snowman
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Freakzilla wrote:I'm asking nicely for users who've posted off topic comments to clean them up.

Please

With whipped cream and a cherry...

While I'm in a good mood.

Hey, man, you're not the boss of me.

I appreciate the informative posts, but also enjoy the monkey business.

Don't ban me.
I bring nothing to the table.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Don't push me.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandChigger wrote:It's a terrible thing which has been done to this thread. :hand: :naughty:

Kinda like it's been in a cage with a 'tang. :P
The above is as much of an expression of contrition as you're going to get from me.

Sorry, but something about this is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Yeah, maybe this was the wrong thread in which to rub Nebby's nose in his own excrement, but if Jacurutu must become or act like something it's not primarily for the promotion of someone else's work or agenda, simply for some nebulous promises of promotion of Jacurutu itself and some new members... well... this "bad apple" says let the barrel rot then.
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

Back on topic...

Next year we'll have at least 2 big exhibitions in National Museum and in a castle in the center of 3rd biggest Polish city of Poznan. Till then Mr Siudmak will draw new art for WoD, HA, HH, HC - around 25 new artworks. These exhibits could have over 100 drawings, 15 cover paintings, 10 original costumes, lots of Dune books, (we had an exhibit with 70 of them from my collection), few different collections of Dune inspired jewelry, crystals and other stuff.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

I'm looking forward to it. His work is magnificent.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Kwisatz wrote:Back on topic...

Next year we'll have at least 2 big exhibitions in National Museum and in a castle in the center of 3rd biggest Polish city of Poznan. Till then Mr Siudmak will draw new art for WoD, HA, HH, HC - around 25 new artworks. These exhibits could have over 100 drawings, 15 cover paintings, 10 original costumes, lots of Dune books, (we had an exhibit with 70 of them from my collection), few different collections of Dune inspired jewelry, crystals and other stuff.
That does sound like a cool place to be! Why don't you interview Mr. Siudmak for Jacurutu?
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

It's good idea. He will be in Poland in September. I think you guys should post some questions, what you want to know and I ask him about it. Cause lots of things I already know and don't bother to ask, but you probably don't ;)
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

Latest exhibition with several Siudmak's paintings will take place in Luneville (France) near the German border and Strasbourg (130 km). Vernissage will be this Saturday 1.10.2011 at 20.30 and Mr Siudmak as a guest of honor will be there. There will be also several other artists with their works.

More info on these photos: