Shysterhood page finally up on Amazon US!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Shysterhood page finally up on Amazon US!

Post by SandChigger »

Took their sweet time, huh? :roll:

http://www.amazon.com/Sisterhood-Dune-B ... 556&sr=1-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now showing a release data of January 3, 2012.

We're going to leave this one alone, right? I think someone (Amp?) suggested we just ignore it and not start any pre-release discussions?

Are we agreed on that? Or can we have some fun? :twisted:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Re: Shysterhood page finally up on Amazon US!

Post by Serkanner »

It's a dilemma. One part of me says to forget teh morons and the shite books, on the other hand a bit of (making) fun (of) never hurts. I think I will give it a preview 5 star rating ... it does have DUNE on the cover, no?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Well I think its best to let all the initial reviews speak for themselves (as with Hellhole).

Let's face it, the book is guaranteed to have at least one thing that absolutely fails to mesh with Frank's complete theme badly enough to make us froth at the mouth. We all know the Mantra "Idiotic, 1d, vapid". The books have also been on a crash dive in sales, so I say let it fail on its own, then after a few days/weeks we can add our own wisdom & snark.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Will the cover have multiple hot asses on it to increase sales?

Rob
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I think they should put tits on this one.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Freakzilla wrote:I think they should put tits on this one.
Tits on the front, arse on the back ... upside down.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

DuneFishUK wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I think they should put tits on this one.
Tits on the front, arse on the back ... upside down.
Perfect
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Well its titled "Sisterhood"...

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

That's EXACTLY how I picture the BG. :shock:
~Pink Snowman
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Daaaaaaamn! I'd buy that book... for a dollar... and if there was no one looking.
I bring nothing to the table.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Must stop looking at that picture. It's wrong! Wrong! :shifty:
I bring nothing to the table.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Yawn. Pretty tame if you ask me...

Rob
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(You're thinking she'd look hawter in one of your skirts, right? ;) :P )
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

TheKJA has Twatted that the book will be released in March 2012, same date for both US and UK.

Amazon UK is still saying February 2012, and Amazon US is saying January 2012.

Since Anderson is the OFFICIAL SPOKESMAN FOR DUNE ON THE WEB, I'm guessing he's got his finger on the throbbing pulse of the big Dune vein and therefore knows what he's talking about.

;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Sev

Post by Sev »

The website of the U.K. publisher, Slimy and Shyster, still had the release date as September 2011 up until yesterday - now I can't find any mention of the book on the entire website :dance:
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

SandChigger wrote:(You're thinking she'd look hawter in one of your skirts, right? ;) :P )

I was thinking more of a mini-kilt, which is different from a school girls skirt.

Rob
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

A skirt is a skirt is a skirt ... and when it is a short skirt .. I LIKE IT!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
blipper

Post by blipper »

Ampoliros wrote: The books have also been on a crash dive in sales
Is this true? Has there been any published articles that chart any decline in sales? Any mainstream criticism that predicts a coming end to this nightmare? Anything? A crumb?

btw - has anyone called out either of these two idiots at signings on their embarrassing and shameful behaviour?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No, because the people in the media concerned with or interested in this sort of thing have no balls and don't want to damage their potential future access. To these jerks or others. (Someone gets a rep for being the shark that ate Anderfuck & Booboo alive, they might find it harder to get interviews with other authors down the line.)

We've got several summaries of information gleaned from the Web (publishers' sites, etc.) here, though. Look for posts by Sev and The Dukester. (Anyone got ready links?)

As for calling them out at a signing... Andercoward has been surrounding himself with those 501 Lesionaire Star-Wars storm-pooper cross-dressers for a while now... supposed to be scary, maybe?

Anyway, why get asked to leave a bookstore or possibly be detained by security or police? The majority of people attending their shit events are going to be fanboys & girls, anyway, and a lot of them aren't too fucking bright. I've no interest in losing teeth or getting my glasses broken, you know.

Still, it would be fun to just sit there where they could see you, with a "Paul was born on Caladan" Tee on. Making them nervous and possibly fuck up would be worth it. :lol:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Plus, disrupting a signing really doesn't further our argument. I don't care so much what KJA does with his writing time as long as it isn't raping Dune for money.

Or War of the Worlds....20,000 leagues under the Sea...
Sev

Post by Sev »

If you want links, there's this one from TheDukester - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and this classic - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

At a Dragon Con panel I asked if FH outline or notes specifically said M&D were robots from the Butlerian Jihad.

After he thanked me for the spoiler, the panel moderator pointed out to him that this was a topic of much controversy.

The long-winded answer was of course, no, just that they had a connection to the BJ.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SandChigger wrote:No, because the people in the media concerned with or interested in this sort of thing have no balls and don't want to damage their potential future access. To these jerks or others. (Someone gets a rep for being the shark that ate Anderfuck & Booboo alive, they might find it harder to get interviews with other authors down the line.)
Also they are not interested enough to dig down further than the corporate bullshitspeak. They can't see past the flogged-to-shit persona of KJA as the award winning internationally best selling author who holds the record for the universe's largest single author book signing. It doesn't matter that all those facts are half-truths or worse, it means he has a fanbase - who might come and read your little article and boost your pageviews or click your ads if you appease them.

He doesn't get any negative reviews from reputable reviewers, because reputable reviewers won't waste their time on him. In the rare occasions that they do (Sandworms iirc) they end an otherwise scathing review.. "but the fanboys will lap it up" again pandering to this perceived idea that fandom exists to be appeased.

They have played all their cards that previously contributed to sales. The optimism of House Atreides is gone, and the hopes for Hunters and Sandworms have been dashed. All that remains now are the loyalists and the completists - which is why the hacks ditched Heroes in favour of something they think will be more saleable.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

He shouldn't be seen in the same room as a cactus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

No, because the people in the media concerned with or interested in this sort of thing have no balls and don't want to damage their potential future access.
I don't think I agree with this at all ... I don't think anyone in the actual "media" takes McDune seriously ....
there was interest after the first few books, it was almost a Story, Famed Writer's Son Takes Up Mantle, but it
was too quickly realized that all Brian could carry was a wine glass back to to the couch ... they started treating
it like the serial StarWars books, and that was the right call ....

the "reviews" are actually just "publication notice" promos, blurbs from TOR, and I assume there is some type
of ad revenue/kickback contract type of thing .... the actual "publishing world" doesn't consider McDune to be
real "books", the big "scifi" websites give the new books lip service for a few minutes around the publication dates ...

the only type of reviews or interviews Chigger is talking about here are done by sweaty kids with home-made "fan-sites";
they believe being on good terms with hacks like tehKJA bolster their "credibility" ...

the only "story" now would be an "scandal expose", and it's too small of an audience and too trivial of an issue
to make it worthwhile to the actual "media" to pursue ... unless something ups the ante, like Brian shooting himself
in the face with Dr. Thompson's shotgun, or a crazed "Talifan" blowing up Keith's Camry ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008