Dune exhibition with art of Wojciech Siudmak

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Kwisatz

Re: Dune exhibition with art of Wojciech Siudmak

Post by Kwisatz »

Very nice summary ;)

It is very serious exhibition. Mr Siudmak is an old school perfectionist in everything he do. I'm also like him in my areas of interest ;)
This exhibition is held in politechnic conference buildings. 2 projects are very important to him - 'Eternal Love' Project under the auspices of Unesco and the Dune project. On his exhibitions there are always VIPs such as politicians, majors, governors, another famous artists, actors, professors, etc. We are trying to raise the level of each exhibition in next place we are going to. On each vernissage, where the artist is present, there are hundreds of people. Usually between 200-400. 7 years ago when he had an opening in capital city of Poland - there was 1000 people on the opening. There was also a record of attendance in 2003. He had this year exhibitions in 9 national museums in Poland. There were over 400000 people visiting those museums this year. The highest number from all exhibitions in 2003.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

How's Wojo's English and Sense of Humor ?
I'd love to have him here ....
Very nice summary ;)
and the sad, stupid thing is: altho couched in satirical language with exaggerations for comic-effect,
no sane, rational Adult could argue with the basic description of what an "exhibit" like this would
look like with Keith of McDune involved ...

maybe that's another one of my problems with him, personally - the man is White Trailer-park Trash;
he has no sense of refined culture, serious academia, art ... everything is a Saturday Morning Cartoon
to him ... he appeals to the Lowest Common Denominator of Juvenile Adults because he is himself
a Juvenile Adult of the Lowest Common Denominator ... and that's just fine & dandy, if he had stayed in
own catshit-filled sandbox with his StarWars Action Figures ... but he has ended up in control of the
publishing rights to one of the Great American Classics of Literature ....

dang, I got myself all riled-up & mad, again ....
I think I keep thinking this is all some kind of elaborate innerwebz-troll-4the-lulz , harmless because it is
not real, it's only happening in webspace .... and then it sneaks up and slaps me on the back of the necks and
toe-kicks me in the nads and runs off and hides and I get .... mad ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

He has very good sense of humor but knows only French and Polish.
I was attending his lecture, during this exhibition, titled 'Imagination is more important than knowledge - Influence of art on science'. It was very entertaining and instructive lecture. He showed over 100 slides ;)
He has very good background in arts. He studied at the College of Plastic Arts in Warsaw from 1956 to 1961 and at the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw from 1961 to 1966. In September 1966, he arrived in France to continue his studies at the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris in 1967 and 1968.
He has also 45th anniversary of creative work this year.
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

Nekhrun wrote:
Kwisatz wrote:I don't get it neither ;)
Nebiros, can I get a ruling here?
Whoever uses a double negative is an idiot. Case closed. By the way, I went ahead with modifying the book title. A sticker with the letter A covers the word no.

Or did you want me to comment on the exhibition? If so give me some time to form an opinion.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Nebiros wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Whoever uses a double negative is an idiot. Case closed. By the way, I went ahead with modifying the book title. A sticker with the letter A covers the word no.

Or did you want me to comment on the exhibition? If so give me some time to form an opinion.
That was it. Now that you mention it though. I'd like to hear your comments on the exhibition as well.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Nebiros wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:

The good thing of course is that you don't need double negatives to be an idiot. Maar dat ga jij nooit niet begrijpen*

Dutch for: You won't never understand that.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

His father the orangutan lover is originally Dutch, I believe, so he should understand some of the language. ;)

(In fact, I believe he holds Dutch citizenship as well as Indonesian? Right, Nebby?)

Double negatives are quite common in the languages of the world. English made GREAT use of them in the past as well. Anyone who doesn't realize THAT is an idiot.

Shove that down your throat and choke on it, Nebby.
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

I don't believe you. Case closed.

No. Indonesian law prohibits dual nationality. I've given up my Dutch nationality and am just Indonesian now. But yeah I understand the language.

As for the exhibit, yeah it's cool. I especially love the costume display from the films. The book collection I don't find interesting because the art work is much more worthwhile looking at. Plus I don't see a copy of the original hard cover or the old 1963 magazine which would be really interesting.

edit: I'm not a hypocrite. I correct my mistakes. Man you guys come down hard on typos.
Last edited by Nebiros on 24 Jul 2011 04:42, edited 1 time in total.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

I guess Nebby Can't get no (Satisfaction) though he tries, and he tries and he tries! He can't get no!

Rob
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

(In fact, I believe he holds Dutch citizenship as well as Indonesian? Right, Nebby?)
Careful! Now the on line poachers can do a search and find Nebby!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

I didn't give them those original hardcovers - too valuable ;) Idea was to show some diversity in cover art.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nebiros wrote:I don't believe you. Case closed.
Your belief is neither required nor particularly desired. That you even question the FACTUAL nature of my statement above simply shows YOUR IGNORANCE of human languages in general and of the history of the English language in particular.

So pretend you're a damned dirty orang and shove that up your poop chute and spin on it, boy.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:So pretend you're a damned dirty orang and shove that up your poop chute and spin on it, boy.
Four hands... :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

The possibilities... the PERMUTATIONS! Boggles the mind... :laughing:
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Kwisatz wrote:It's a miniature of Eternal Love sculpture on rotated basis. It's a photosensitive resin based on stereolithography image of prototype of his sculpture also based on his painting Eternal Love from 1981.
That seems a weird way of doing it... can't argue with the result though. Looks rather nice :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

What's weird in this process? Maybe I don't explain in enough detail.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Kwisatz wrote:What's weird in this process? Maybe I don't explain in enough detail.
It just seemed a big piece to create with SLA - traditionally it would have been sculpted in clay, then moulded and laid up in fibreglass (<- I do this). Made by machines is the future though - this proves it more than ever. (Sorry that was my nerdy makery side coming out :wink:)

Again, stunning results though :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

Yes, you're right, but the author hadn't that much time to make it traditional way. This was the easiest and the most efficient for him. It's also a bit expensive - 10000 € if I remember correctly. But it could be also 50000 € ;)
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

2 videos from the opening of the exhibition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HIM2DXea18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Ileqof25Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Nebiros wrote: No Indonesian law prohibits dual nationality.
WHAT!? YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!!
"No law prohibits!?" What you're saying there is that Indonesian law allows dual nationality if "no law prohibits" it. You've used a double negative, you hypocritical, devolved, heathen orangutan slut!!!

Do they prohibit dual negativity!? BECAUSE THEY SHOULD.

It is not unheard of to find an orangutan jerking off four scientists simultaneously.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

merkin muffley wrote:
Nebiros wrote: No Indonesian law prohibits dual nationality.
WHAT!? YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!!
"No law prohibits!?" What you're saying there is that Indonesian law allows dual nationality if "no law prohibits" it. You've used a double negative, you hypocritical, devolved, heathen orangutan slut!!!

Do they prohibit dual negativity!? BECAUSE THEY SHOULD.

It is not unheard of to find an orangutan jerking off four scientists simultaneously.
Busted! That shit's gotta sting.

Also, I'll bet you could up your scientist count if you replace the words "jerking off" with pleasuring. While the hands/feet are busy they aren't doing anything with their other ends.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

It's a terrible thing which has been done to this thread. :hand: :naughty:

Kinda like it's been in a cage with a 'tang. :P
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

I'll Never understand that you can Never be nude? I'll never understand more than you'll never know...
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

merkin muffley wrote:I'll Never understand that you can Never be nude? I'll never understand more than you'll never know...
I'm afraid I just blue myself.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
Joseph-Vintimille Tariki Askaris

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Kwisatz wrote:2 videos from the opening of the exhibition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HIM2DXea18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Ileqof25Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    ۞ Shaihuludata gigantica Gratia, Fidei defensor ۞