Jodorowsky's Dune

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Raspudding

Jodorowsky's Dune

Post by Raspudding »

Greetings!
A documentary is being made about Alejandro Jodorowsky's failed attempt to bring Dune to the silver screen. It's a little interesting and silly.
http://www.fearnet.com/news/b22569_trou ... rt_of.html
Hope i linked that right, i really have no idea what i'm doing.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” -Chuck Palahniuk
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Jodorowsky's Dune

Post by SandChigger »

Saw this being mentioned this morning on Twitter. Thanks for posting the link. :)

(Edit: wicked avatar, btw. :lol: )
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Saw this via two sites and wondered whether or not to post it. Kept checking over to see if anyone already had, which up until now hadn't. Glad to see I didn't have to do anything. :P
Raspudding

Post by Raspudding »

I exist only to serve.
SandChigger wrote: (Edit: wicked avatar, btw. :lol: )
Thanks.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” -Chuck Palahniuk
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Another one?
Have you seen the last one?
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Raspudding

Post by Raspudding »

As far as I know this is the only one.
What was the last one?
ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
Joseph-Vintimille Tariki Askaris

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    ۞ Shaihuludata gigantica Gratia, Fidei defensor ۞
      Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

THIS WOULD ABSOLUTELY AWESOME IF IT EVER GETS FINISHED AND RELEASED IN THEATERS WORLDWIDE!!!!!!!!! :D :clap:
      The only sources I could find on Jodorowsky's production include Dreamer of Dune (I know, I know. Not best of sources), H.R. Giger's The Necronomicon, Volumes 1 and 2, the documentary feature on Jodorowsky's films as shown on the Jodorowsky DVD collection, and a random Dune wiki site which questions the consistency of the whole history behind the film attempt. Also, there's the articles Jodorowsky wrote about DUNE itself (which spends a little too much time on Salvidor Dali's golden dolphin toilets, and tends to be vague in many areas), and a few other articles of the history of DUNE film attempts. I am worried that the Herbert Estate might not permit a documentary about a film attempt of a DUNE to be released (since Jacurutu testifies that they can be really severe). Maybe films about attempted film adaptations of books are allowed by law, that depends how thoroughly Jodorowsky discusses in depth his version of DUNE's story. (You're probably much smarter on how copyright operates with the Herbert family lawyers.)
      I really hope this would get released in art house theaters in America, since if it weren't for this film attempt, the ALIEN wouldn't have existed.
      '...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
      SandRider
      Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I am worried that the Herbert Estate might not permit a documentary about a film attempt of a DUNE to be released (since Jacurutu testifies that they can be really severe).
      first off, I think we could now just dispense with the "Herbert Estate" or "Herbert Limited Partnership" facade,
      since it seems to me that Brian Herbert is obviously the only Herbert who can sign the contracts & checks, and
      his conscious will has obviously been controlled by the Sith Lord tehKJA for some time ....

so the criteria for Brian to greenlight such a project would be along the lines of:

1) Will it make money?
      2) Who will be blamed for the project's failure ?
      2a) This is very important, given the recent Dune Movie project collapse ...
      3) How will KEVIN J. ANDERSON's name be attached to this project ?
      4) Will this project require any actual work on the part of Brian and/or tehKJA ?

in relation to point #2, above:
      A) can a documentary from several Points of View be produced, and edited as necessary
      to bolster whatever story will be presented when the next attempt at a Dune Movie collapses/is produced,
      and, if produced and released, succeeds/fails financially and praised/panned by critics & fans ?

Brian and Keith will surely not pursue such a project themselves, altho both would give it lip-service,
      Brian more sincerely than Keith, of course; if left to his own choice, I think Brian would give his blessing
      to anyone who would want to attempt the project without reservation; Keith would instruct the HLP Lawyers
      to allow Brian to only sign a contract that granted the lion's share of profit to the "HLP", and held the producers
      of the film solely liable for any losses .... and of course, the producers would have to raise the up-front money
      themselves ....
      ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
      ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
      how to fully interact with people.
      ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008