Pandorum

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Drunken Idaho

Re: Pandorum

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Pfft, fuck hollywood. Let the sweet indie sci-fi films show us how awesome the genre can be.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
lotek

Post by lotek »

Drunken Idaho wrote:Pfft, fuck hollywood. Let the sweet indie sci-fi films show us how awesome the genre can be.
yup i concur, if holywood has only crap to offer it's going to force out the talented guys that will make the cool movies they would like to see but don't.

Cinema history has proven many times that budget and marketing are not all in that industry, and if most people like to be fed pre digested stuff kja style, there are still some who like to see other things.
In literature it is sometimes perceived as elitist, a critic the OH know very well for being a preeq arguments, but movies don't have that same connotation: just by numbers as people watch more movies than read books.

And i haven't seen pandorum yet :whistle:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

I'm still waiting to see Moon. Looks like it might be better than your average hollywood sci-fi popcorn flick.
trang

Post by trang »

I was mostly just debunking the statement of the article.

I go to some of the Popcorn sci-fi movies, cause dammit, well they are fun sometimes!!!

I am completely furious with hollywood and the rampant remake machine. THEY COMPLETLEY FUCKED THE GOOSE ON THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL!!!! AARRRGH...

Id rather go to a matinee of THX-1138, Soylent-Green, Forbidden Planet, and Robinson Crusoe on Mars, old school sci fi guy I guess.

As has been stated... FUCK Hollywood. I wish all the power in the world to independent Sci-Fi film makers.. or to Named ones who give effort and dedication to bringing classics to the screen.

The numbers for box office speak for themeselves though. Sci-Fi is in and will remain so, which ever form it manifests.

Just for record, no ineterst in Pandorum sorry, stated that case above.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

trang wrote:THEY COMPLETLEY FUCKED THE GOOSE ON THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL!!!! AARRRGH...
I saw the DVD (as in, noticed it on the shelf) at my local BlockBuster while home in September.

Forgot I wasn't in HappyLande for a second and said, "Fuck that!" loudly enough to draw some quizzical stares. :oops:
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

SandChigger wrote:
trang wrote:THEY COMPLETLEY FUCKED THE GOOSE ON THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL!!!! AARRRGH...
I saw the DVD (as in, noticed it on the shelf) at my local BlockBuster while home in September.

Forgot I wasn't in HappyLande for a second and said, "Fuck that!" loudly enough to draw some quizzical stares. :oops:
:laughing:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sure, YOU can laugh. But I couldn't go back for a week, I was so embarrassed....

:P
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Chigger-san lose much face;
you raff, he roose ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

You habing tsoo match fan, SandoLidah! :shock:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I finally got around to seeing this, watched it a few times actually. I liked the story and the surprise ending but the mutants were boring.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman