SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: A technique involving sound

Post by SandChigger »

Partial cross-dresser! :hand: :snooty:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

inhuien wrote: You're fucked in the head boyo, I thought you were joking but now having seen what I've seen I hope the next poor Orangutan you lay hands on rips you fucking arms off and shoves one up your arse and the other down your throat. You make me sick.
This is typical of the trolls on this forum, siding with the perpetrator (orangutan) and blaming the victim (myself). Every time I have had sexual spirituality with orangutans it has been consensual. They each presented themselves as willing participants, often plying me with alcohol, just to get access to me at my most vulnerable moment - 4 seconds after achieving orgasm.

You want an orangutan to rip one of my arms off and shove it up my "arse?" That's lovely. That's a wonderful thing to say to a victim of a violent attack, especially one who suffers from a prolapsed anus.

Why are you people like this? Whatever happened to live and let live? And furthermore...
Nekhrun wrote: Image

Wolverflashamel
what the fuck is that??
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

merkin muffley wrote:

Wolverflashamel
what the fuck is that??
Your worst fucking nightmare.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Nekhrun wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:

Wolverflashamel
what the fuck is that??
Well, whatever it is, it saddens me. It both saddens me, and arouses me.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Whoa! :shock:

Either they just fired up the HAARP again or the turn of the topic here is getting me aroused... :?
trang

Post by trang »

Drawing of wolverine: Is that an ass or pair of jugs on his back?

sound as a weapon is cool, not a topic I spent much time on. I wonder if they took the songs of whales and applied them, what kinda damage they would do? Whale song travels across thousands of miles to the others so it must be pretty dam loud. That space craft log thing in the "voyage home" sure caused some damage waiting for a reply to its sound message.

Orangutan in Clint's movie's was cool, about all I can say about that.

Evolution is just one of God's handy hat tricks to keep us guessing:)

I think he goes by Floda Reltih, and lives in south america, and continues sound weapon development down there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

merkin muffley wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:
Nekhrun wrote: Wolverflashamel
what the fuck is that??
Well, whatever it is, it saddens me. It both saddens me, and arouses me.
Think of how he feels. His humps look like back-tits.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I used to have an LP of Songs of the Humped Back Whales that I listened to a lot in high school.

Come to think of it, it made me hard, too.

Wolverine's back-tits are definitely something I'm going to think a lot about later tonite. :dance:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:I used to have an LP of Songs of the Humped Back Whales that I listened to a lot in high school.

Come to think of it, it made me hard, too.

Wolverine's back-tits are definitely something I'm going to think a lot about later tonite. :dance:
It's Wolverflashamel. Those humps are full of beer.

DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Nekhrun wrote:Image

Wolverflashamel

Wolverflashamelutan
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
antonio

Post by antonio »

Yes. The technique involving sound was intended to characterize a special fighting method the Atreides had perfected: a technique that threatened the Emperor and the status quo. Apparently the movie's producer or director thought that the concept of the Atreides possessing hand-to-hand martial arts superiority was just too difficult to understand or perhaps just too difficult to portray on screen. As a substitute for Atreides fighting excellence, the sound technique was introduced, but it had several limitations. For example, it depended on technological apparatus, rather than inborn (genetic) potentiality and the Atreides culture of excellence in training. In effect, it was a cheat, and an aspect of the Dune Universe that was inconsistent with post-Butlerian Jihad prohibitions against exotic technologies that counterfeit humankind's abilities with machine components.

Although sound techniques have a rich history in the present day world, for example, Ralien sexual sound enhancement techniques, Bhakti yoga mantralogy, or Old Testament Walls of Jericho sonic displacement, they are fundamentally limited when considered in a science fiction context. They are slow, they cannot propagate in a vacuum, and can be easily countered (with sound insulating technologies). If Paul is to be portrayed as superhuman protagonist, some other underlying basis for his special abilities should be introduced.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

antonio wrote: the Atreides possessing hand-to-hand martial arts superiority was just too difficult to understand or perhaps just too difficult to portray on screen.

It has always been my personal ambition, as a filmmaker, to find a way to portray martial arts in the context of film. We haven't seen it yet, but I believe it's possible. Indeed, it has been considered the "sound barrier" (or gom jabbar, if you will) of film art. That forbidden territory, surrounded by reddish hair, into which no auteur dares venture. 1) Man will never fly. 2) Man will never walk on the moon. 3) Man will never perform martial arts in a movie.

Well, I believe that man* will prove that #3 is just as false an assumption as #1 and #2. Even if it only works in the context of an art film, one day martial arts will be portrayed in a movie. This is an insight I've had in the course of sensual meditation, and I will take no credit for it when it happens.

antonio wrote:Although sound techniques have a rich history in the present day world, for example, Ralien sexual sound enhancement techniques, Bhakti yoga mantralogy, or Old Testament Walls of Jericho sonic displacement, they are fundamentally limited when considered in a science fiction context. They are slow, they cannot propagate in a vacuum, and can be easily countered (with sound insulating technologies). If Paul is to be portrayed as superhuman protagonist, some other underlying basis for his special abilities should be introduced.
I think that Barbara Hand Clow would suggest that Paul's abilities were rooted in the photon band of the 7th dimension, and I believe that we will all be capable of doing these things when our entry into the Photon Band is completed in 2012.

I wonder if, when we realize that the abilities of a Kwisatz Haderach are revealed to be very "human" (rather than "superhuman"), will we even be interested in reading stories about superheroes? Or, will it get boring because we're all capable of doing what a so-called "Kwisatz Haderach" can do? I'm worried that it's going to get really fucking boring around here.

* or woman, or, indeed, orangutan
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

antonio wrote:sonic displacement, they are fundamentally limited when considered in a science fiction context. They are slow, they cannot propagate in a vacuum, and can be easily countered (with sound insulating technologies).
Holy shitballs, you're right! Why didn't the Sardaukar just wear earplugs!? Fucking idiots.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Degenerate heathens. Hell is to good for the lot of you.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I don't know, Merkin ... in the past, some of your crazier ideas have proved out, but I'm very skeptical
of this "portraying martial arts in film" thing ... raises many questions ... which martial arts do
you have in mind, and what, exactly, do you mean by "film" ?

and do not forget what happened to Bruce Lee and his son ...

Chigger - I'm still not understanding if these sonic erections are desired or not ?
if not, I would suggest either not going to drive-in burger joints or wrapping
your penis in tin-foil ... (works for me)
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
antonio

Post by antonio »

It's hard to improve upon the original story, i.e., adding ones own innovations to improve the pacing or whatever. I remember one comic author discussion how to adapt a movie to a comic book. It involved including key scenes that told the story. That's what I think movie directors should do to adapt novels to movies: include the key scenes, scenes that people who have read the book will recognize and identify with, scenes that novel readers will appreciate. I recall that Peter Jackson mentioned that he often found that Tolkien knew best with respect to what worked best in a scene: it rarely was worth changing what Tolkien originally wrote.

I know that movie directors want their movies to be understandable and enjoyed by persons who have never read the books, but How successful was the movie Dune - with David Lynch's editorial modifications? Not very:

"In his review, critic Roger Ebert gave Dune 1 star out of 4 and wrote 'This movie is a real mess, an incomprehensible, ugly, unstructured, pointless excursion into the murkier realms of one of the most confusing screenplays of all time.' Ebert added that 'The movie's plot will no doubt mean more to people who've read Herbert than to those who are walking in cold,' and later named it 'the worst movie of the year.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_(film)#Reception
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandRider wrote:Chigger - I'm still not understanding if these sonic erections are desired or not ?
Well, they're fantastic at the time... but afterwards I feel so cheap and dirty and used. :(
if not, I would suggest either not going to drive-in burger joints or wrapping
your penis in tin-foil ... (works for me)
Tin-foil, huh? I don't think we've got any left after making all our hats...
antonio wrote:It's hard
Oh no! YOU, too?! :shock:
antonio

Post by antonio »

Auditorially induced concupiscence? Your phantasmagoric exegesis represents the apotheosis of ephemeralism.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

:lol: Ok buddy, you just revealed yourself as a jokester, who is this? :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

antonio wrote:

Auditorially induced concupiscence? Your phantasmagoric exegesis represents the apotheosis of ephemeralism.
QUOTE (and spelling) FAIL!

Ahem:
antonio wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
No, it's not really concupiscence (Has anyone EVER used that one in a conversation?!), just plain ole tumescence. ;) :dance: :whistle:

Damned thing seems to have more of a mind of its own than usual... :?
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:
antonio wrote:

QUOTE (and spelling) FAIL!

Ahem:
antonio wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
No, it's not really concupiscence (Has anyone EVER used that one in a conversation?!), just plain ole tumescence. ;) :dance: :whistle:

Damned thing seems to have more of a mind of its own than usual... :?
is that why your typing seems "different" ?
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandChigger wrote:No, it's not really concupiscence (Has anyone EVER used that one in a conversation?!), just plain ole tumescence. ;) :dance: :whistle:
Ah, tumescence. An excellent word. Much underrated and underused.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Ah, just stuff it!
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Where? :lol:

(Or did you mean that as in "...and hang it on the wall"?! :shock: )