Does Anyone Still Watch the NBA?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

I've heard viewership is up from that slump of the 2006-2010 years when nobody really cared, and unfortunately this increase may be due to the whole Lebron thing. I'm a pretty big fan personally, and I'm a L.A Clippers fan. I'm not from L.A, I just like underdogs. My "home team" just got an All-Star, Amar'e Stoudemire but whatever, Spike Lee is still annoying. Any fans, here? Who do you like? What's your favorite dunk from this year's contest?
SandRider
Watermaster

Re: Does Anyone Still Watch the NBA?

Post by SandRider »

does anyone watch the what ?

whatchoo talkin bout, Sloey ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

try this

Spice is the worm's gonads.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Sole Man wrote:Does Anyone Still Watch the NBA?
Not willingly.

It's all a bunch of scripted, hip-hop bullshit, played by players with virtually no skill at the game of basketball. They are good at being big; that's it.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I hate it.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I say we put 'em on ice and see how it goes.

It's so fucking boring that this discussion about it is actually more interesting than anything basketball related since my 6th grade team got into it's second fight with the same team.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Well, I think saying that the players have virtually no skill at the game of basketball is a bit of a stretch, but it does get annoying how nobody plays defense in the regular season and the hustle level is about one fifth of college or even high school games.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Sandwurm88 wrote:Well, I think saying that the players have virtually no skill at the game of basketball is a bit of a stretch ...
I don't.

• They travel every time they get the ball.

• Most of them have one move they've perfected, and that's it.

• Free-throw shooting is shaky at best.

• With some definite exceptions, most of them aren't good passers.

• Defense is optional, especially in the first three quarters.

The NBA, at its core level, actually has almost nothing with the actual game of basketball. It's 10 genetic freaks running up and down the floor and shooting every 24 seconds. The should put a big tent over the whole thing and bring in clowns and elephants.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

TheDukester wrote:It's 10 genetic freaks running up and down the floor and shooting every 24 seconds. The should put a big tent over the whole thing and bring in clowns and elephants.
:laughing:
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I've heard viewership is up from that slump of the 2006-2010 years when nobody really cared, and unfortunately this increase may be due to the whole Lebron thing.
Here's a new angle on the question. Heard this on NPR a while back and thought of this thread.
Little to do with this discussion but...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... e-nba-star" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Haha, very interesting. Steve Nash, Jason Kidd and Pau Gasol aren't big enough now, or at least not at big as the starters for the All-Star Teams, all ten of which were black: Rose, Wade, Lebron, Stoudemire, Howard, Paul, Kobe, Durant, Anthony, Duncan...

And the culture of today's NBA, Blackistone says, is essentially hip-hop culture.

"You can go to a suburban mall and walk around, and you're going to see white kids walking around with baggy jeans, their underwear hanging out, listening to rap," he says.

"And so I think, to suggest that the NBA turns off white folks is maybe to suggest that it turns off maybe a certain generation of white folks – but certainly not the kids today."
This is true. I just came back from playing basketball with some kids at the town common, and they were all like this. I'm an NBA fan, and I like basktetball, but I don't like rap, more into any kind of rock, and i don't dress "ghetto" so I guess I'm an exception.
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Haha, very interesting. Steve Nash, Jason Kidd and Pau Gasol aren't big enough now, or at least not at big as the starters for the All-Star Teams, all ten of which were black: Rose, Wade, Lebron, Stoudemire, Howard, Paul, Kobe, Durant, Anthony, Duncan...

And the culture of today's NBA, Blackistone says, is essentially hip-hop culture.

"You can go to a suburban mall and walk around, and you're going to see white kids walking around with baggy jeans, their underwear hanging out, listening to rap," he says.

"And so I think, to suggest that the NBA turns off white folks is maybe to suggest that it turns off maybe a certain generation of white folks – but certainly not the kids today."
This is true. I just came back from playing basketball with some kids at the town common, and they were all like this. I'm an NBA fan, and I like basktetball, but I don't like rap, more into any kind of rock, and i don't dress "ghetto" so I guess I'm an exception.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

not until they catch up with mexican futbol ...

ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Weirdest thing ... I actually did watch some NBA last night.

At a bar. With the sound down. And it was a game between two poor teams ... so, yeah, it had all that going for it.

And, sorry, Sole Man ... Sole Man, are you still out there? ... but the NBA still pretty much sucks. It's just an endless loop of isolation plays and pick-and-rolls. It gets farther away from actual basketball every year.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:Re: Does Anyone Still Watch the NBA?

Pretty sure that's Italy. But WOW!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

and it's facebook spam that's going around right now;
people are actually bitching about it on the original YouTube page ...
ImageImage

JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

by Omphalos » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:53 pm

SandRider wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn5PvUz2 ... r_embedded[/youtube]

Pretty sure that's Italy. But WOW!

Wow! That's some great t.v. right there. I mean, wow! Wow.
I bring nothing to the table.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

ffs, you guys are all misogynists!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Misogynists?!?
Doesn't that mean someone who enjoys a massage?
Or is it gives one...

:P
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

D Pope wrote:Misogynists?!?
Doesn't that mean someone who enjoys a massage?
Or is it gives one...

:P
That's someone who likes femenists.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

EWWWW!

:lol:
-Omphalos