Is There a Conspiracy?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Is the New World Order up to something dastardly?

Yes
27%
No
9%
We are all Sandchigger
64%

Total votes: 22

Drunken Idaho

Re: Is There a Conspiracy?

Post by Drunken Idaho »

SandChigger wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:It's been a favourite lately among conspiracy theorists, and rightly so.
Oh please. Controlled storms and earthquakes? :roll:

And Marilyn was all over those Arctic pix like... KJA on a dead author's franchise. Beware the Dark Side. ;)
The theories themselves, as I said, can mostly be described as "crackpot." But it doesn't surprise me that people are suspicious, mainly because of the military's involvement. Makes one wonder what the defense/offense applications might be.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Harp is good with Guiness. Otherwise, :roll:

Major eye-rollage :P
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
lotek

Post by lotek »

my favourite is Project MK Ultra; the cold war program to create a Manchurian candidate throught the use of psychotropic drugs like LSD...

Part of the stories are true, and in fact just these parts are so crazy themselves you don't even need to go crackpot !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
private citizens, prisoners, government employees, prostitutes and psychiatric patients were given LSD.
Not sure if this one is true but I read they actually gave LSD in whorehouses to unsuspecting clients and filmed the ... results...
Until someone at the CIA went
"Hey why are we doing this again ?"
And then they stopped, obviously no one actually knew why.

Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Drunken Idaho wrote:The theories themselves, as I said, can mostly be described as "crackpot." But it doesn't surprise me that people are suspicious, mainly because of the military's involvement. Makes one wonder what the defense/offense applications might be.
OK, I see what you're saying now. I had a look at the Wikipedia page to see if they mentioned the conspiracy theory popularity of the thing; sure enough:
Conspiracy theories

Main article: List of conspiracy theories#Development of weapons technology

HAARP is the subject of numerous conspiracy theories, with individuals ascribing various hidden motives and capabilities to the project. Journalist Sharon Weinberger called HAARP "the Moby Dick of conspiracy theories" and said the popularity of conspiracy theories often overshadows the benefits HAARP may provide to the scientific community. Skeptic computer scientist David Naiditch called HAARP "a magnet for conspiracy theorists", saying the project has been blamed for triggering catastrophes such as floods, droughts, hurricanes, thunderstorms, and devastating earthquakes in Pakistan and the Philippines aimed to "shake up" terrorists. Naiditch says HAARP has been blamed for diverse events including major power outages, the downing of TWA Flight 800, Gulf War syndrome, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Conspiracy theorists have also suggested links between HAARP and the work of Nikola Tesla (particularly potential combinations of HAARP energy with Tesla's work on pneumatic small-scale earthquake generation) and physicist Bernard Eastlund. According to Naiditch, HAARP is an attractive target for conspiracy theorists because "its purpose seems deeply mysterious to the scientifically uninformed". Also a 1999 report to the European Parliament stated that HAARP is a "weapon system which disrupts the climate". Conspiracy theorists have blamed HAARP for numerous earthquakes. An opinion piece on a Venezuelan state-run television channel's website named HAARP as a cause of the 2010 Haiti earthquake.
Marilyn is REALLY BIG on Tesla.

"its purpose seems deeply mysterious to the scientifically uninformed" ... That's a perfect description of ole M&M. :lol:

The amount of scientific ignorance out there is truly depressing. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequ ... y_theories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

the whole fucking thing centers on Tesla, and johhny-come-lately "historians" who just got the innerwebz last thursday
and found out how Tom Edison and the Robber Barons and the Guv'ment rode poor ol Nikolai out of town on a rail ....

now that was a true 'conspiracy', in that all those major Powers conspired to cock-block Tesla for economic & industrial reasons ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

However brilliant he may have been as an inventor, Edison was evidently a real piece of shit as a person. Kinda sad, actually.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

I imagine that sort of thing is probably quite common in academia, as it is everywhere else; another example: apparently Newton treated Robert Hooke horrifically, including using his position to discredit his work.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I had an old lineman tell me once it all the work of a Boston Industrialist named Cornelius Cabbage the Fourth,
who held the first patent on AC/DC transformers .... Cabbage was a friend of both Edison and Tesla, and very
privy to their work ... he was also a power and influential FreeMason, who used his connections to set up the
convoluted electrical distribution we use to this day ... he talked other industrialists into backing the AC system
and producing equipment and machinery that ran on AC power, thus ensuring the need for transformers ....

this is not true at all, of course, but that never deterred me from passing on the story to younger men as we
set $250K transformers at the base of a wind turbine ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Shaitan

Post by Shaitan »

Because of my chronic health problems and the overlapping nature of the community of sufferers from my condition with those of Lyme Disease, I've taken a particular interest in the Project Paperclip sub-project which alleged unleashed Lyme upon the world as a prototype bioweapon...
"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
"Man, a guy gets drunk *once* and it's all anyone remembers..." -HBJ
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Title this one: Evolution of a delusion

The never-ending "battle" with Madwoman Marilyn continues on Amazon. (I haven't looked in there yet today, but she's been relatively quiet for the last few days.) Here's my response to something she posted in one of the Aliens threads (her post quoted in mine):
Mar. 2, 2011 4:33 AM PST
Ronald Craig says:
Always fun to savor the irony of no-life, juvenile bathroom-humor, pseudo-intellectuals who choose to hang out in a forum they have absolutely no interest in, except to ridicule and take moronic potshots at people genuinely trying to unravel some of the mysteries of life.
LOL. Probably nowhere near as fun as watching the antics and screw-ups of a no-life, aging-gracelessly, humorless wannabe-writer bigot so deluded about her real place in the universe and the real effect she has that she thinks she's contributing something to the world with her continuing dissemination of misinformation and nonsense.
But then again, these clueless and disturbed wackos are so well adjusted that they banter among themselves about beastiality and mass murder. While Mr. Staff Personality Disorder himself - RC - fails to puff up and spout off about "Wrong Forum! Wrong Discussion! But let me give you my personal e-mail address!"
I don't know what's set Glenn off these last few days but I'd like to see how well YOU would cope in his situation, considering how you're half-out of your rocker at the best of times.

Get this through your head, you demented kook: A Psychology degree from forty years ago does not make you a psychologist. You play with psychological terminology but obviously have no idea what you're even talking about. Go read that page on "Staff Personality Disorder" again and see if you're not looking at yourself there instead.

And when the hell did I ever offer someone my personal email address like that? You're obviously imagining things again. Seek professional help. FROM A REAL PSYCHOLOGIST.
The Glenn mentioned there has terminal cancer; he went off on a couple of genocidal rants last week... not pretty, but I'm willing to cut him some slack, considering. The interesting bit is about me offering people my email address. In all the years I've been a customer at Amazon, I've traded email addresses with maybe two or three people total, two of them in the last year or so, one in connection with possibly editing a self-publisher's manuscript down the road.

Anyway, just three or four days later, in the Science Fiction forum, "Race to Space" thread, this obviously had evolved in her mind into something very different:
...in reply to an earlier post on Mar. 5, 2011 7:15 PM PST

Ronald Craig says:
CivWar64(Bob) wrote:They aren't amplifying 'real' telepathic signals (whatever that is)
Um, that would be an unproven and therefore potentially non-existent phenomenon.

Marilyn's response demonstrates (once again) that she had no conception of the SCIENCE behind what you were posting about. Laughable & sad.
Posted on Mar. 6, 2011 6:34 AM PST
Marilyn Martin says:
(Nothing and no one in this forum is as "laughable and sad" as a parasitic troll who is also trolling for dates with his constant and sick references to anal probes ...)

http://www.universetoday.com/83740/nasa ... more-83740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MISSION TO EUROPA MAY FALL TO BUDGET CUTS (Cool photo of Europa!)
... in reply to an earlier post on Mar. 6, 2011 11:29 AM PST

Ronald Craig says:
(Nothing and no one in this forum is as "laughable and sad" as a parasitic troll who is also trolling for dates with his constant and sick references to anal probes ...)
Excuse me? Trolling for dates? And "with constant and sick references to anal probes"?

You might like to do some actual *web research* for a change and try searching this discussion and these forums for "anal probes". Or even just "anal". The results say something very different about WHO exactly is always going on about such things.

And seriously, Marilyn, how does insinuating that I am gay (yet again) in any way refute my assertion above that you don't know what the hell you're talking about most of the time?
Nasty old cunt is out-of-control. :crazy:

I'm just going to keep playing out the rope. Even if Amazon won't ban her, she'll eventually show everyone what a nutjob she is. If they haven't figured it out already. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
zacher2005

Post by zacher2005 »

To tie this to Dune, the thing that pissed me off the most about the Legends prequals is the obvious comparissions to 9/11 and the Iraq war. I hate when people tie their politcal views into novels. Having politics is cool, but when you know they are trying to convey their opions it seriously pisses me off. That's why Stephen King has been pissing me off lately.
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

zacher2005 wrote:To tie this to Dune, the thing that pissed me off the most about the Legends prequals is the obvious comparissions to 9/11 and the Iraq war. I hate when people tie their politcal views into novels.
Small minds mimic political events and figures, and share their personal political leanings as "the truth".

Great minds analyse types of political currents and archetypes, and invite their readers to think about their own political leanings.

So yeah, nothing surprising here...
zacher2005

Post by zacher2005 »

Lundse wrote:
zacher2005 wrote:To tie this to Dune, the thing that pissed me off the most about the Legends prequals is the obvious comparissions to 9/11 and the Iraq war. I hate when people tie their politcal views into novels.
Small minds mimic political events and figures, and share their personal political leanings as "the truth".

Great minds analyse types of political currents and archetypes, and invite their readers to think about their own political leanings.

So yeah, nothing surprising here...

Yup, that's why the originals are so damn great.