The Long Road

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

ErasOmnius

The Long Road

Post by ErasOmnius »

"My name is ErasOmnius, and I am a recovering 'Brian and Kevin' Dune-aholic..."

I am glad to be here, and it took some time. You have all been telling the truth for years -- but I did not want to listen. I kept believing that 'Brian and Kevin' had a noble cause, something far-reaching that they wanted to do.

But, if people keep telling the truth about the misguided duo, then eventually their house of cards will collapse. I want to thank Sandchigger for relentlessly showing people what B & K's idiotic stories are all about.

For me, the moment that the last drip drop of toxic writing was the Theater of Shards storyline from Winds of Dune. It weighed heavily on me, and the whole 'Expanded' Dune point of view simply collapsed after that. All of it. The 'House' series, the 'BJ' series, the 'Sequels' series, and the disgusting 'Heroes'. They had Irulan say that Dune was in-universe novel! And the upcoming 'Schools' garbage. I had to admit that Brian could care less about his father, and is raping his father's legacy for money. I care about the people who are still caught up in the B & K ''Dune' universe, but the 'Expanded' Dune people and I must part ways.

What do I do with all of these Brian and Kevin written books that I have bought since 1999?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: The Long Road

Post by Freakzilla »

:clap:

Burn 'em?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

ErasOmnius wrote:What do I do with all of these Brian and Kevin written books that I have bought since 1999?
Used book store.

Don't even ask for cash; just take whatever store credit you can get and walk out with some good literature. Anything will do and any genre will suffice, provided the author had even the slightest bit of respect for the craft.

Then never look back. And never, ever spend a single penny, no matter how indirectly, that could possibly go toward supporting Spanky McDune and Bobo Herbert. Ever.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Welcome. On the bright side (I guess...) at least you got to get some enjoyment out of the new books before they raped your mind?
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home! It is never to late to be cleansed from the filth that is the McDune atrocity.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

I had the Prelude, Legends and Dune 7 new stuff and I sold it on Ebay. For £0.99. Took a few relistings too. Probably best to follow Dukester's advice on that one.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Brian seems largely to blame here as he continues to let it all happen. Glad you eventually came around. You had more stomach for it than I had. I'm still on page 44 of Paul of Dune :puke:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan wasachlan! Welcome. :)
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Welcome home :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Hellooooo!!!!!!!

We've had a few converts over the years, IIRC. ManBearPig was one. Don't remember his original username over at DN. I think there have been others.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:Hellooooo!!!!!!!

We've had a few converts over the years, IIRC. ManBearPig was one. Don't remember his original username over at DN. I think there have been others.
Tyrant. Nebiros was another.

I've been a convert to both sides about 20 times if I remember correctly :wink:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Slut. :snooty:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

TheDukester wrote:
ErasOmnius wrote:What do I do with all of these Brian and Kevin written books that I have bought since 1999?
Used book store.

Don't even ask for cash; just take whatever store credit you can get and walk out with some good literature. Anything will do and any genre will suffice, provided the author had even the slightest bit of respect for the craft.
Don't get discouraged if you can't unload them on the first try.
There are two confirmed used bookstores around St. Louis Mo. that are 'no longer accepting' mcDune and Harliquin Romance.
ErasOmnius wrote:I kept believing that 'Brian and Kevin' had a noble cause, something far-reaching that they wanted to do...

For me, the moment that the last drip drop of toxic writing was the Theater of Shards storyline from Winds of Dune. It weighed heavily on me, and the whole 'Expanded' Dune point of view simply collapsed after that. All of it.
When you feel like it, i'd love to hear the expanded version of your epiphany.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:

Nebiros isn't a convert. He can't be. He doesn't get either side's arguments.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:

Nebiros isn't a convert. He can't be. He doesn't get either side's arguments.
That's his cue...
SandChigger wrote:Slut. :snooty:
I'll take it where I can get it.

merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Nekhrun wrote:You had more stomach for it than I had. I'm still on page 44 of Paul of Dune :puke:
That's how I was radicalized. Although, I knew it was shit from the first chapter of the first one I read (Butlerian Jihad). It was just missing everything that I love about Dune. :snooty:
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nekhrun wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Slut. :snooty:
I'll take it where I can get it.
Hyppo's hungry again, it looks like. At least, she was stirring over on FED2k earlier today. :lol:
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

Depends on what you mean by convert. Don't understand the arguments? Then maybe I'm not.

I stopped being a fan of Brian and Kevin's books with the title Dune on them when I read in Sandworms of Dune how Norma took Omnius to an alternate universe. That was the final insult or the straw that broke the camel's back or some other saying. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I wrote that wrong and naturally slag me off for not knowing the saying.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Nekhrun wrote:That's his cue...
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! :dance: :clap:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nebiros wrote:Depends on what you mean by convert. Don't understand the arguments? Then maybe I'm not.

I stopped being a fan of Brian and Kevin's books with the title Dune on them when I read in Sandworms of Dune how Norma took Omnius to an alternate universe. That was the final insult or the straw that broke the camel's back or some other saying. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I wrote that wrong and naturally slag me off for not knowing the saying.
Actually, I really did want to see if you would pop up right away. Thanks!

I thought the part you hated was when BH & KJA let their female characters do things like wear shoes, fornicate without procreating and walk around outside?????

Goodnight Golden Path!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Welcome home my desert brother. Come and renew your strength.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hi, Nebby! :dance:
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! :orcs-buttshake:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Omphalos wrote: I thought the part you hated was when BH & KJA let their female characters do things like wear shoes, fornicate without procreating and walk around outside?????
That was the next to last straw.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

No it's not fornicating without procreating. It's fornication overall. As well as doing it with more than one partner in such a callous manner and choosing sex partners (note the plural) for their daughters.

Actually Frank Herbert made his female characters do that as well so that's not the reason I dislike the Brian and Kevin's dune books.