Chapter 63

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 63

Post by Freakzilla »

The assumption that a whole system can be made to work better through an assault
on its conscious elements betrays a dangerous ignorance. This has often been the
ignorant approach of those who call themselves scientists and technologists.

-The Butlerian Jihad, by Harq al-Ada

Ghanima and Farad’n wait with Jessica and Tyekanik for an audience with Leto in the keep. A summons has been sent to the Guild and messages to the Landsraad and CHOAM. Farad’n is having a hard time understanding the Atreides. They still want him to marry Ghanima even though there is no longer a political reason for it. Ghanima tells him about how Leto runs at night to tire himself then returns to her and tries to think of a way to die. She explains to him about the living stilsuit, how Leto will live for about 4,000 years, and how he will no longer be human yet the memories of all his human ancestors will be within him. She tells him that they will mate and Leto is taking over the Bene Gesserit breeding program. Jessica mentions that the civil war has spread off planet. Farad’n thinks the rebellion will be put down but Leto will have a sorry empire to start with. Stilgar walks by on his way to see Leto and tells Jessica he reserves judgment on whether the Fremen will pay homage to Leto. He says they will go back to the old ways, but Ghanima asks him what he will do when the desert and worms are gone. Within 100 years there will be less than 50 sick worms on a reservation and their spice will be for the Guild only and at astronomical prices. Stilgar doesn’t believe it and thinks it a trick to keep the Fremen loyal. He heard Leto explain the Golden Path the noght before and doesn’t like it, it will be the death of the Fremen. Ghanima says they will still need the Fremen and Sardaukar to keep the peace and most of the empire will welcome it, it will be a Golden Age of abundance. Then when his empire falls, Kralizec will come and humanities memory of what it means to be alive will be restored and last as long as there is a single human left . Stilgar is still worried about the worms, Ghanima tells him they will all be dead within 200 years but they will come back. The Guild will barely make it on stockpiles but there will be an abundance after Leto goes back into the sand.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 63

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman