Chapter 62

Post by Freakzilla »

The child who refuses to travel in the father's harness, this is the symbol of
man's most unique capability. "I do not have to be what my father was. I do not
have to obey my father's rules or even believe everything he believed. It is my
strength as a human that I can make my own choices of what to believe and what
not to believe, of what to be and what not to be."

-Leto Atreides II, The Harq al-Ada Biography

Alia looks down on dancers in her temple plaza. Stilgar killed Agarves just as she'd expected. He and Irulan sit in the dungeon. The Preacher appears once more at the steps of Alia’s temple. Alia watches from her aerie and is informed that Farad’n, Jessica and their guards have requested to watch The Preacher from her vantage. She orders some priests to invite him in and to bring him in with Ghanima dressed as a Fremen bride. Farad’n, Jessica and Alia watch as Paul accuses Alia of blasphemy and is killed by Alia’s priests. She orders Ghanima brought in but before her order can be carried out the door bulges and busts into the room. All the guards draw their weapons but it is only Leto and Ghanima. Leto greets his grandmother and Farad’n and announces that they are the Atreides Lion and Lioness and that he is here to set them on the Golden Path. This triggers Ghanima’s memory and has the unexpected side effect of blocking off her Other Memory unless needed, with Chani's persona guarding their access. Alia shouts for them to be seized but Leto pins some of the guards against the wall with the fallen half-ton door. Jessica asks about Leto’s plan, he tells them that Alia intended for Ghanima to kill Farad’n but he wishes him to live in happiness. Alia again commands the guards to sieze Leto but they refuse to enter the room. Alia lunges at Leto with her knife but he kicks her across the room then spins her around by the foot until she stops screaming. He tells her he could have killed her but she must have her chance. Ghanima offers to show her how to overcome the inner lives but Alia refuses, curses in strange voices in strange languages coming from her. Her guards see that she’s obviously possessed. Leto breaks the window and gives her a choice between the Trial of Possession or the window. She chooses to throw herself out the window. Leto reminds Jessica that they told her to pity Alia.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Demerzel

Re: Chapter 61

Post by Demerzel »

Paul's death was truly tearful. Worse was that Leto told him that he wouldn't return in the previous chapter.
When Paul was three I found him wearing lingerie I was planning to wear for my Duke. I asked him: "How can this be?" and he answered: "For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!" I was proud since these were the first words Paul ever spoke, but now I knew for certain that my Paul was a special boy. I brought him to Duncan's room while he was busy "training" a young maidservant in the Art of Sword-Handling. My Paul shall be the best! - Tleszer
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 62

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised, clean.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman