Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 45

Post by Freakzilla »

One small bird has called thee
From a beak streaked crimson.
It cried once over Sietch Tabr
And thou went forth unto Funeral Plain.

-Lament for Leto II

Leto is in his cell at Jacurutu where Sabiha is mixing up more of the spice essence laden food which keeps him half entranced until he either dies or reveals the answer Jessica has told them to look for and he refuses to give. Jessica wants him to have conscious instincts, which are just racial memories of how to handle crisis. But he now has all his inner lives organized and they tell him much more than that, which he is afraid to reveal to his captors. Sabiha feeds him while he thinks about how Namri and Gurney had believed his prophecy of the worms dying out. Leto hypnotizes her and escapes. Namri and Gurney are furious. Namri reveals that he has sabotaged Leto’s stillsuit. Gurney wants to go search for him but Namri tells him there is a storm coming and they can’t even send a message. He says they should wait out the storm then look for his remains. Sabiha says he could survive under the sand if he’s taken a fremkit. Gurney storms off into the sietch.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 45

Post by Freakzilla »

No revisions.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman