Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 43

Post by Freakzilla »

Humankind periodically goes through a speedup of its affairs, thereby
experiencing the race between the renewable vitality of the living and the
beckoning vitiation of decadence. In this periodic race, any pause becomes
luxury. Only then can one reflect that all is permitted; all is possible.

-The Apocrypha of Muad'Dib

Leto has been force-fed another heavy dose of spice and brought out onto the open sand in the sun. All day he’s been mediating a fight between the personas of Duke Leto and Baron Harkonnen in his head and he understands what happened to Alia. He curses Jessica for putting him through this. He has visions of Arrakis covered in green but the worms are gone. All of the inner lives have now turned on Leto, even Harum. He realizes his mistake of seeking power in the reality of the trance instead of facing the fear. Fear is what defeated Alia. He realizes that the inner lives don’t create the future but show him how to create a new future himself. He vows not to lock himself onto their old tracks. With this, he feels every cell and nerve of his body, the voices are now clear. The memory lives all fall into alignment with his life and he can sense each one distinctly. He speaks to all of them and tells them they can only live through him; he is the body of their soul. Now he can share with any memory life he chooses. He comes to and realizes he’s sitting on the sand with Jacurutu in the distance. He tells Sabiha, Namri’s neice who is sitting on the rug before him, that she will no longer need her crysknife. She leaves that up to Namri. He tells her about his vision of the end of the worms and that Muad’dib’s Jihad was a kind of mass insanity. He tries to tell her how the future is constantly changing but she doesn’t understand. She helps him up and they begin to make their way back to Jacurutu. He tells her that he may have to kill a friend and give his sister to a monster.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 43

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman