Chapter 26

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 26

Post by Freakzilla »

The universe is just there; that's the only way a Fedaykin can view it and
remain the master of his senses. The universe neither threatens nor promises. It
holds things beyond our sway: the fall of a meteor, the eruption of a spiceblow,
growing old and dying. These are the realities of this universe and they must be
faced regardless of how you feel about them. You cannot fend off such realities
with words. They will come at you in their own wordless way and then, then you
will understand what is meant by "life and death." Understanding this, you will
be filled with joy.

-Muad'Dib to his Fedaykin

Wensicia has just revealed her plan to Farad'n. All he can think of is that his care free days in persuits of the mind may be over soon and he notices that Tyekanik no longer calls her "Princess" and has started calling her "Queen Mother". He questions the plan and the consequenses should it fail and how she plans to use Idaho in all of this. He accuses her of not doing this for him but for House Corrino, basically for herself and he finds the things done in his name disstastefull. He decides to wait and see how things turn out. For a moment, she was terrified thinking he might dissown her. Faraad'n can feel the desires of all those around him riding on him, but he can't pin down his own.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Re: Chapter 26

Post by Eyes High »

The first time reading this chapter gave me hope that he would turn out to be honorable. To be better than his mother and father.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Eyes High wrote:The first time reading this chapter gave me hope that he would turn out to be honorable. To be better than his mother and father.
Are you saying you are disappointed?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Nope, not saying that. Saying that I could see the potential there and was looking forward to seeing how he turned out.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Eyes High wrote:Nope, not saying that. Saying that I could see the potential there and was looking forward to seeing how he turned out.
I think this was part of Frank's genius. So many authors today are quick to write an entire family as evil. I liked that he took the opportunity to explore Farad'n's character a bit and didn't take the easy way out.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I liked Farad'n.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Yeah, this is good stuff. Farad'n is a great reminder that no one is totally good or totally evil. It's all shades of gray for us silly humans.

It's been forever since I've read CoD, but this is one of about three or four chapters that I'll always remember vividly, no matter how many years might pass (along with the tiger hunt and Jessica's on-planet arrival).
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

No revisions.
~Pink Snowman