Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 22

Post by Freakzilla »

Good government never depends upon laws, but upon the personal qualities of
those who govern. The machinery of government is always subordinate to the will
of those who administer that machinery. The most important element of
government, therefore, is the method of choosing leaders.

-Law and Governance, The Spacing Guild Manual

Alia has asked Jessica to share the morning audience and is suspicious of her intentions. Alia is delaying deliberately and Jessica thinks about Javid who hates the Atreides but is Alia's lover. She thinks about the Bene Gesserit delegation that sent her here from Caladan to put a halt to the souring of Paul's powerfull religion. Javid suggests to her that they put the question of The Preacher's identity to the Mentat Idaho ghola. She responds with a lesson on the fallability of mentats. Javid wants her to denounce The Preacher, Alia has obviously put him up to this, but she loudly orders to begone. Jessica fears that Alia is a willing participant in her abomination, it seems she is trying to destroy herself and Paul's religion on purpose. The more Jessica observes Alia's court, the more she empathizes with The Preacher. Alia enters and askes Jessica to join her in the Audience Hall. Jessica realizes that Alia thinks she can destroy her and survive, she must be mad. She received a note of warning from Hayt that suggested a plot against her and decides to go see him at Tabr when this is over.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 22

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman