Chapter 20

Post by Freakzilla »

You have loved Caladan
And lamented its lost host --
But pain discovers
New lovers cannot erase
Those forever ghost.

-Refrain from The Habbanya Lament

Stilgar has quadrupled the guard around the twins but considers it useless. He worries that Leto is going to lead Ghani into danger. He can't talk to Alia about it, nor Irulan as she runs to Alia with everything. He thinks about what Leto said about tradition, if he can't cling to tradition, what is there? Fremen from all the tribes are thronging to the great audience chamber to welcome back Jessica as their Reverend Mother. He spots Jessica and Ghani talking. These twins assault his sanity but they are his greatest responsibility. Leto has filled him with doubts. He thinks about the twins' memories, there must be no fixed traditions or answers for them. That's probably what Leto was trying to share with him. It must be hard being conscious durring birth. How can he teach such children? They don't even fear death. Jessica is thinking the same kind of thoughts as she talks to Ghanima. Leto has done the same thing to her. She resents how they can turn her on and off at will like that. Leto has ignited memories of Paul in Jessica. Ghani tells Jessica that they can think of their mother as their father and visa versa, which is disturbing to her. The sensual things especially. Ghani tells Jessica that Paul has left many things unsaid, including that he loved his mother.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 20

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman