Chapter 36

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 36

Post by Freakzilla »

Muad'Dib tells us in "A Time of Reflection" that his first collisions with
Arrakeen necessities were the true beginnings of his education. He learned then
how to pole the sand for its weather, learned the language of the wind's needles
stinging his skin, learned how the nose can buzz with sand-itch and how to
gather his body's precious moisture around him to guard it and preserve it. As
his eyes assumed the blue of the Ibad, he learned the Chakobsa way.

-Stilgar's preface to "Muad'Dib, the Man" by the Princess Irulan

The troop climbs up out of the basin into Sietch Tabr, dawn on their heels. They get a message as they go that Liet has been killed and all become somber. Chani and Jessica dissappear and Paul is introduced to Harah, Jamis' wife and made to accept her as either servant of wife. He has a year to change his mind or he can free her at any time to do as she chooses but her and Jamis' children will always be partly his responsibility. He accepts her as servant and she is very upset, insisting that she is still young. She takes him to their quarters on on the way shows him around the sietch, he feels the Fremen people sucking him in and knows that on path is the Jihad. After arriving at their quarters Paul sends Harrah to get food. While she is gone her two childrend enter and Paul remembers stories about Fremen children fighting as fiercly as adults.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 36

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised, clean.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman