Chapter 28

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 28

Post by Freakzilla »

We came from Caladan--a paradise world for our form of life. There existed no
need on Caladan to build a physical paradise or a paradise of the mind--we could
see the actuality all around us. And the price we paid was the price men have
always paid for achieving a paradise in this life--we went soft, we lost our
edge.

-from "Muad'Dib: Conversations" by the Princess Irulan

Halleck is meeting with Staban Tuek, son of the smuggler Esmar, who has given aid to Halleck and his men, for which Halleck thanks him. Tuek's men have told Halleck that Esmar has been killed by the Harkonnens, Stabab counters that he could have been killed by the Atreides traitor. Halleck tells him Hawat thought it was Jessica but Tuek tells him Hawat is in Harkonnen hands now. Halleck says they have a lot of killing to do but Tuek warns him not to do anything to bring attention to them. Gurney can't understand him not wanting to avenge his father but Tuek says there are other ways. Tuek tells him he is free to go after Jessica while he and his men work off what they owe as long as he doesn't act openly against the Harkonnens. Tuek tells him they have seen the body of Duke Leto and Paul and Jessica are rumored to have died in a sandstorm. Also, Count Rabban of Lankiviel will again rule Arrakis. Gurney decides to stay and seek revenge against Rabban for his family and the inkvine scar on his face, but his men may make their own choice. Halleck goes to his men and plays a song at the request of one of his dying men.
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 28

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 28

Post by Freakzilla »

Clean
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman