Chapter 26

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 26

Post by Freakzilla »

What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
-from "Manual of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

Nefud wakes the Baron to tell him that Paul and Jessica are certainly dead, they were last seen diving into a sandstorm and could not have survived. The Baron askes if he's seen the bodies then roars at him for being stupid when he says he hasn't. He also reports that Duncan lead them to Paul and Jessica but he wiped out a lot of their men in a shield-lasgun explosion. They also have captured Hawat and Kynes. The Baron orders Kynes killed in an appearant accident, but Nefud says they are in the custody of the Sardaukar. The Baron suggest that he remind them of his prowess at getting info from reluctant subjects and he wishes to play one off the other, then once in their hands Kynes is to be killed for helping the Baron's enemies. The Baron wishes to replace the late Piter with Hawat. He orders a poison given to Hawat and the antidote is to be administered every day in his water. Hawat still thinks Jessica was the traitor and wishes to keep it that way. The Baron believes Paul and Jessica couldn't have survived the sandstorm, now that the last of the Atreides are out of the way, he sommons Rabban and puts him in charge of Arrakis on the one condition that he produce income to make up for the enormous cost of transporting his military and the Sardaukar to Arrakis. Rabban arives and the Baron notes how there is still some rigidity to Rabban's fat but one day he will require the suspenssors to support his weight. Rabban relays a report that a force of Sardaukar were wiped out by Fremen while attempting to capture Hawat, they have started a pogram to wipe out all of them. Rabban tries to tell him that they underestimate the Fremen, that they have always been a problem, but the Baron ignores him. The Baron also wants Rabban to drive the people of Arrakis into utter submission. Rabban leaves. The Baron plans to replace Rabban with Feyd, whom the people will cheer as a savior.
ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
Joseph-Vintimille Tariki Askaris

Re: Chapter 26

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Freakzilla wrote:What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Che cosa disprezzi? È da questo che ti si conosce veramente. (dal «Manuale di Muad'Dib», della Principessa Irulan)(Ed. Nord, p. 217)
Princess Irulan ... or Michelangelo ? ! :think:
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    ۞ Shaihuludata gigantica Gratia, Fidei defensor ۞
      Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:?:
      Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
      ~Pink Snowman
      merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Askaris de Dar wrote:
      Freakzilla wrote:What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
      Che cosa disprezzi? È da questo che ti si conosce veramente. (dal «Manuale di Muad'Dib», della Principessa Irulan)(Ed. Nord, p. 217)
      Princess Irulan ... or Michelangelo ? ! :think:

Irulan always seems to be taking credit for other peoples' work. Unless this has been misattributed to Michelangelo... http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Michelangelo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
      Wikiquote wrote:Misattributed

What do you despise? By this you are truly known.
      A few sites, perhaps most of them deriving their information from its previous placement among the "Attributed" quotes here, credit this to Michelangelo, but so far as definite citations go, it almost certainly originated with Frank Herbert when he used the phrase in the novel Dune (1965).
      "I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
      Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
      Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
      ~Pink Snowman
      Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Cleaned
      ~Pink Snowman