Chapter 23

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 23

Post by Freakzilla »

Book Two
MUAD'DIB

When my father, the Padishah Emperor, heard of Duke Leto's death and the manner
of it, he went into such a rage as we had never before seen. He blamed my mother
and the compact forced on him to place a Bene Gesserit on the throne. He blamed
the Guild and the evil old Baron. He blamed everyone in sight, not excepting
even me, for he said I was a witch like all the others. And when I sought to
comfort him, saying it was done according to an older law of self-preservation
to which even the most ancient rulers gave allegiance, he sneered at me and
asked if I thought him a weakling. I saw then that he had been aroused to this
passion not by concern over the dead Duke but by what that death implied for all
royalty. As I look back on it, I think there may have been some prescience in my
father, too, for it is certain that his line and Muad'Dib's shared common
ancestry.

-"In My Father's House," by the Princess Irulan

Paul and Jessica awaken in the stiltent which has been covered by sand during the storm while they slept. Paul says they will hit them in the spice, with desert power, the Fremen are the key. Paul digs them out and tells Jessica that Duncan said he could hold out only this long if he was captured, they need to get moving. She feels that she now lives only for the survival of her son and unborn daughter now. They see jetflares and lasguns in the distance and figure it's Harkonnens hunting them. Paul says they will head South and keep hidden in the rocks. As they take their first step 'thopters appear above them.
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 23

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised

Pervert
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Crizius

Post by Crizius »

I don't understand, why did Emperror Saddam had Villainous Breakdown?

Didn't he wanted and kinda helped to destroy Atreides? "Never get more popular than the boss, unless you intend to sack him"
Remember the alamo!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Crizius wrote:I don't understand, why did Emperror Saddam had Villainous Breakdown?

Didn't he wanted and kinda helped to destroy Atreides? "Never get more popular than the boss, unless you intend to sack him"
Please explain to me what this has to do with the chapter being discussed. :x
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Crizius

Post by Crizius »

Freakzilla wrote:
Crizius wrote:I don't understand, why did Emperror Saddam had Villainous Breakdown?

It's a question related to chapter. I simply didin't wanted to create new topic for one question. And I wasn't able to find topic like "dune questions" :(
Remember the alamo!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Crizius wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

It's a question related to chapter. I simply didin't wanted to create new topic for one question. And I wasn't able to find topic like "dune questions" :(
General Dune Discussion

This chapter is about Paul and Jessica in a stilltent. It has nothting to do with the Emperor.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm sorry, I think I understand your question now... you're refering to the epigraph before the chapter.

Shaddam was upset in the manner in which Leto died, not just that he died, because Leto was like him, royalty. This means that if it could happen to Leto it could happen to any of the Great House leaders or even the Emperor.
~Pink Snowman
Crizius

Post by Crizius »

Freakzilla wrote:I'm sorry, I think I understand your question now... you're refering to the epigraph before the chapter.

Shaddam was upset in the manner in which Leto died, not just that he died, because Leto was like him, royalty. This means that if it could happen to Leto it could happen to any of the Great House leaders or even the Emperor.
Ah, very good. Thanks for explaining .
Remember the alamo!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Crizius wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I'm sorry, I think I understand your question now... you're refering to the epigraph before the chapter.

Ah, very good. Thanks for explaining .
I exist only to serve. :D
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Cleaned
~Pink Snowman