Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 19

Post by Freakzilla »

There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression
to develop psychic muscles.

-from "Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

Jessica wakes up in the dark, bound and gagged. She vaguely remembers being drugged in the night. The Baron enters and tells her not to pretend to be asleep, the drug was timed. From this she deduces that Yueh is the traitor, they would have had to know her exact weight and metabolism to time it so precisely. The Baron regrets that he cannont remove her gag, he is aware of her Bene Gesserit skills. The Baron says that Piter thinks he is going to give Jessica to him but changes his mind. He gives Piter a choice; Jessica and exile or the Duchy of Arrakis to rule in his name. The Baron reminds Piter that he is also giving up the boy. Both are too dangerous because of their Training. Piter chooses the Duchy. The Baron leaves it up to Piter to dispose of Jessica and Paul. Jessica realizes that this is out of the Baron's fear of answering to a truthsayer, and this implicates the Emperor. Two guards enter and inform Piter the boy is on a litter out in the hall. Piter tells them to take them to where the Yueh suggested, in the desert where they'll be eaten by a worm. They put her on the litter with Paul who is pretending to be asleep. Paul was given a sedative by Yueh the night before and he also deduces that Yueh is the traitor but holds doubts because of his imperial conditioning. They are put into a 'thopter and take off. One guard thinks it's a shame to waste such a good looking woman and hints at raping her before leaving them in the desert. Paul attempts Voice on them and warns not to touch her. They land on the sand just outside the shield wall. Paul orders one to remove Jessica's gag. They figure she's bound so there's no harm. Once the gag is removed, Jessica uses her Voice to suggest that they need not fight over her, which they do, and one guard kills the other. He starts to go for Paul but Jessica says she'll be cooperative if they let him go. As soon as he pushes Paul out, he turns and kicks the guard in the heart, killing him. They discover that Yueh has left them a Fremkit under the seat. They see 'thopters in the distance headed for them and run.
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 19

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 19

Post by Freakzilla »

Clean
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman