Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 13

Post by Freakzilla »

On that first day when Muad'Dib rode through the streets of Arrakeen with his
family, some of the people along the way recalled the legends and the prophecy
and they ventured to shout: "Mahdi!" But their shout was more a question than a
statement, for as yet they could only hope he was the one foretold as the Lisan
al-Gaib, the Voice from the Outer World. Their attention was focused, too, on
the mother, because they had heard she was a Bene Gesserit and it was obvious to
them that she was like the other Lisan al-Gaib.

-from "Manual of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

The Duke meets with Hawat. He wants Hawat to plan an attack on the Harkonnen spice hoard on Geidi Prime. It's illegal to stockpile spice so they can't even admit they have it. Hawat says he has few men to spare and Leto orders that he take some of Idaho's men, maybe even some Fremen. Leto notices Hawat's nervousness and tries to reinforce his trust by sharing Paul's reports of a traitor. Hawat still holds back at first but then tells the Duke that he suspects the traitor is Jessica due to a scap of a note found on a Harkonnen courier. Leto points out that Jessica has been with him for sixteen years and insists it can't be true. Hawat suggest they put her under constant surveillance, preferably by Idaho when he can be spared from the Fremen. He also suggests having Yueh watch after Paul. As Leto starts to leave, Hawat brings up the requested report on the Fremen religion. They were calling Paul "Mahdi" and think he may be their messiah. Leto goes for his walk, and watches the sunrise after checking on Paul who's asleep on the conference table. He's taken by the beauty of the sunrise and thinks this could be a good place for his son. Then he sees dew gatherers collecting the morning dew from a field of flowers and is reminded that it could also be a horrible place.
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 13

Post by Freakzilla »

Updated
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 13

Post by Freakzilla »

Clean
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman