Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 46

Post by Freakzilla »

And that day dawned when Arrakis lay at the hub of the universe with the wheel
poised to spin.

-from "Arrakis Awakening" by the Princess Irulan

Paul, Gurney and Stilgar look down into the Imerial Basin from a hidden position in the Shield Wall. The Guild has allowed only the Harkonnen and Imperial ships to land on the Plain of Arrakeen. All other territory was either in Fremen possession or cut off from the Harkonnens. Paul has released their captive Sardaukar who returns to the Emperor’s ship, which then raises the CHOAM flag signaling that they don’t care if there is still an Atreides left alive. The sand storm they have been expecting strikes the Shield Wall as Gurney triggers the Atreides family atomics, breaching the mountains and letting the storm into the basin which shorts out every shield on the landing plain. At the same moment, Paul’s forces knock the noses of the ships on the plain with rockets. Paul hears a garbled radio message that there has been a raid on Sietch Tabr, Alia is captured and held hostage and his son is dead. He feels regret that everything he touches brings death and grief that could spread across the universe. He thinks to himself how little they know of the real nature of cruelty.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 46

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised

CLEAN SWEET CLEAN BRIGHT CLEAN PURE CLEAN
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman