Post by Freakzilla »

It is said that the Duke Leto blinded himself to the perils of Arrakis, that he
walked heedlessly into the pit. Would it not be more likely to suggest he had
lived so long in the presence of extreme danger he misjudged a change in its
intensity? Or is it possible he deliberately sacrificed himself that his son
might find a better life? All evidence indicates the Duke was a man not easily
hoodwinked.

-from "Muad'Dib: Family Commentaries" by the Princess Irulan

Duke Leto is awaiting Paul on the parapet of the landing tower, trying to to control the rage he feels at the attempt on Paul's life and the longing for Caladan which he fears he'll never see again. He thinks of the notices he's posted all over that "the Emperor has charged him to take possession of the planet and end all dispute" and wonders if anyone believes it. He knows the Fremen and the Minor Houses on Arrakis don't. He hopes Paul can find inspiration on Arrakis and call it home, but he thinks of it as hell before death and knows he must hide that from Paul. If anything, maybe the Fremen will buy Paul a future here, that is if the Harkonnens havent infected them. Gurney arives with his men on a Guild Shuttle. Leto asks Gurney to send as many men to help Hawat clear out remaining Harkonnen resistance. The Duke tells Gurney that many spice workers have opted to leave on the shuttle and asks Gurney to try and persuade them to stay. Leto tells Gurney he wants to disperse armored squads and Gurney asks if there will be that kind of trouble with a Judge of the Change present. Leto confirms. On his way out, the Duke spots his propaganda man and tells him that Arrakis has more women than men. He still can't get over the fact that they have tried to kill Paul.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 11

Post by Freakzilla »

Updated
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 11

Post by Freakzilla »

Clean
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman