Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 44

Post by Freakzilla »

How often it is that the angry man rages denial of what his inner self is
telling him.

-"The Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

The Fremen are gathered in the audience chamber, expecting Paul to call out Stilgar. Paul reveals an intercepted Harkonnen message which denies Rabban’s request for more troops. He must meet his spice quota with the men he has. He put on his Ducal signet ring and says he’s ready to claim his right to Arrakis and he will need good men like Stilgar. Paul wins over the Fremen and they see the needless waste in Paul killing Stilgar. Stilgar takes an oath of loyalty to Paul and instructs him to call his lieutenants for a battle planning. He wants a victory to show the council of leaders when they arrive. Jessica and Paul go into his private chambers and he tells her to wait there. Gurney enters and puts his knife to Jessica, Paul talks him out of killing her and they convince him that Yueh was the real traitor. Of course, aftwards Gurney plays a song on the baliset. Paul had not seen this moment coming in any prescient vision and while it was happening decided it’s time to take the Water of Life.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 44

Post by Freakzilla »

Clean
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman