Gholas to mimic humans, Face Dancers to mimic machines

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Nameless Swordsman

Re: Gholas to mimic humans, Face Dancers to mimic machines

Post by Nameless Swordsman »

tenfingersofdoom wrote:Then you dont know about the suuuuuper keeeeewl battle around the lava fountain? you missed out :wink:
My guess is that it involved Duncan and a Terminator battling each other with Katanas, and Duncan trying to prevent the Terminator from activating some sort of WMD..

Am I somewhere in the ballpark? :lol:
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
- Sun Tzu

My fellow members of the Jacurutu; of this Sietch - let Water be a bond between us.
-Nameless Swordsman
Naïve mind

Post by Naïve mind »

Be careful. I've managed to avoid all but one of the pre/sequels. The way you describe them, you make them sound like they're bad enough to be entertaining again.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

They are not worth your time. imo.
Nameless Swordsman

Naïve mind wrote:Be careful. I've managed to avoid all but one of the pre/sequels. The way you describe them, you make them sound like they're bad enough to be entertaining again.
I know. It's pretty messed up. :/

Although the only one I've actually read was House Atreides and that one was bad enough to induce vomiting for a week..

I guess as you Mentats would say.. the first step in avoiding a trap, is knowing of it's existence. ;)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
- Sun Tzu

My fellow members of the Jacurutu; of this Sietch - let Water be a bond between us.
-Nameless Swordsman
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Naïve mind wrote:Be careful. I've managed to avoid all but one of the pre/sequels. The way you describe them, you make them sound like they're bad enough to be entertaining again.
They are not. Do not be fooled.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

You can chose not to read them, but you can never un-read them. Take our word on this.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nameless Swordsman

Freakzilla wrote:You can chose not to read them, but you can never un-read them. Take our word on this.
No kidding. I wish I had never read House Atreides or those 5 beginning pages of Paul of Dune. :puke:
- Sun Tzu

-Nameless Swordsman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nameless Swordsman wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:You can chose not to read them, but you can never un-read them. Take our word on this.
No kidding. I wish I had never read House Atreides or those 5 beginning pages of Paul of Dune. :puke:
Was that the one where Paul was a carny?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
lotek

Post by lotek »

I think it's the one where he's doing a psychic act, the best part is when he does the killing word party trick.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nameless Swordsman

Omphalos wrote:
Nameless Swordsman wrote:
Was that the one where Paul was a carny?
From what I've heard. :puke:

The first 5 pages were horrible enough for me to stick it back up on my local library shelf and head to the local tavern..
- Sun Tzu

-Nameless Swordsman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

lotek wrote:I think it's the one where he's doing a psychic act, the best part is when he does the killing word party trick.
Shama-Lama-Ding-Dong, Ding-Dong, Ding-Dong, Ding-Dong, Ding-Dong

For his Sha-Na-Na impression truly is the killing word!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!