Religious symbolism in Tleilaxu rituals

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: Religious symbolism in Tleilaxu rituals

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
SandRider wrote:I gotta kid who works for me out here now & again that thinks he's an Aztec ....
Is that Arnoldo? :D
I don't think he works...

Or maybe he finally found something? :think:

All I remember is some of his comments on my blog came from the computers at his local unemployment agency. :roll:
I think he said he worked at a college, or in a library or something. Then we found out he was on the dole and lying to us about it.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I was referring to that La Raza Azteca / Atzlan or whatever stuff - alot of the young small-m mexican kids out here
are into that - that they are the direct descendants of the Aztecs and all of Tejas is their Empire to be reclaimed or
whatever - Christian Identity for the brown folks, I guess.

this is a fairly new thing with this kid, too - I keep reminding him last year he was a "hardcore banger, yo",
and a few years before that he drove an old Chevy Silverado, wore a George Straight hat and wanted to rodeo ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, dipshtickt goes on about Aztlan, too. :roll:

Anyway, back to MORE interesting things: about life originating from water! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:
In Babylonian mythology, Tiamat is a goddess who personifies the sea. Tiamat is considered the monstrous embodiment of primordial chaos. Although there are no early precedents for it, some sources identify her with images of a sea serpent or dragon. In the Enûma Elish, the Babylonian epic of creation, she gives birth to the first generation of deities; she later makes war upon them and is killed by the storm-god Marduk. The heavens and the earth are formed from her divided body.

Apsu (or Abzu, from Sumerian ab = water, zu = far) fathered upon Tiamat the Elder deities Lahmu and Lahamu (the "muddy"), a title given to the gatekeepers at the Enki Abzu temple in Eridu. Lahmu and Lahamu, in turn, were the parents of the axis or pivot of the heavens (Anshar, from an = heaven, shar = axle or pivot) and the earth (Kishar); Anshar and Kishar were considered to meet on the horizon, becoming thereby, the parents of Anu and Ki.

Tiamat was the "shining" personification of salt water who roared and smote in the chaos of original creation. She and Apsu filled the cosmic abyss with the primeval waters. She is "Ummu-Hubur who formed all things".
Lots more there, didn't read it all. :)
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

It is interesting how different cultural traditions share a great similarity mythological ideas. Even taking into account the improtance of water to organic life, could it be that some actual events are preserved in the mythical form? I mean, there are, for instance, several seemingly unrelated myths about a great flood in different traditions.
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Kalima... wasn't that the bad guy in Temple of Doom?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

That was "Kali Ma".
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
Aquila ka-Hecate

Post by Aquila ka-Hecate »

MrFlibble wrote:That was "Kali Ma".
Ah yes - one of my alter egos.

Thanks for remembering Her, Flibble.
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Freakzilla wrote:Kalima... wasn't that the bad guy in Temple of Doom?
That's what came to mind when I read Kalima, heh.