Bijaz

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Bijaz

Post by Freakzilla »

inhuien wrote:hmmm, so the Bene Tleilax Kwisatz Haderach pre-dated Paul (an assumption I know but a safe one). I must re-read these wonderful books, my recall was that this disclosure happen in CH:D.
Dune Messiah, Chapter 1

Paul is about 30-y-o at this point so I think it would be very possibly to have been done in his time.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Redstar wrote:You guys just take Dune discussion too seriously.
We'll put that on your tombstone. :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla wrote:
inhuien wrote:hmmm, so the Bene Tleilax Kwisatz Haderach pre-dated Paul (an assumption I know but a safe one). I must re-read these wonderful books, my recall was that this disclosure happen in CH:D.
Dune Messiah, Chapter 1

Paul is about 30-y-o at this point so I think it would be very possibly to have been done in his time.
Paul age wasn't really the point I was thinking of, where my muse was taking was that it was 12ish years since he took the Water of Life. Do you think the Bene Tleilax could have created and matured the correct specimen to be a successful Kwisatz Haderach in that timescale. Which Kwisatz Haderach was first?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

inhuien wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Dune Messiah, Chapter 1

Paul age wasn't really the point I was thinking of, where my muse was taking was that it was 12ish years since he took the Water of Life. Do you think the Bene Tleilax could have created and matured the correct specimen to be a successful Kwisatz Haderach in that timescale.

Leto II, Ghanima and Alia did it before birth, so I think genetics, not experience is the key.

I think it may have been mentioned in one of the latter books that the BT offered to make a KH for the BG, but they wanted to do it the "natural" way.
Which Kwisatz Haderach was first?
Again... the BT KH was a tool to defeat the BG KH. That would lead me to believe the BG KH came first. If the BG hadn't lost control of theirs, the BT wouldn't have needed one.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla wrote:Again...
Okay okay I get it, it just takes awhile sometime. :) :)
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Freakzilla wrote:
I blame the preeqs for all your bad humours. :lol:

How do you imagine they would have wanted the two KHs to go up against each other? A game of prescient pyramid chess sounds extremely unlikely, so what does one KH have as advantage over another?
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Redstar wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

How do you imagine they would have wanted the two KHs to go up against each other? A game of prescient pyramid chess sounds extremely unlikely, so what does one KH have as advantage over another?
Maybe just to give the BT insight into what a KH would be planning, knowledge of what one was capable of, and someone to help them scheme against one.

They may have intended their KH to be a tool, rather than an actual direct weapon.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Redstar wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Maybe just to give the BT insight into what a KH would be planning, knowledge of what one was capable of, and someone to help them scheme against one.

They may have intended their KH to be a tool, rather than an actual direct weapon.
That doesn't sound like something KJA would want to write... :(
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Redstar wrote:
Redstar wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

That doesn't sound like something KJA would want to write... :(
Nope. We'll find out he was actually an uber-KH with the force, and he was meant to fight paul with super powers. :wink:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

say, the jacket didn't put its grubby little paws on my dwarf, did it ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Redstar wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

They wouldn't have been pitted against each other, the BT KH was made so as to find the weakness in Paul.

(Unless, are you talking about what the preeqs would write? :oops: )
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Redstar wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Exactly, he was kind of a virtual Paul that they used to find a way to defeat him.
~Pink Snowman
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

So all they had to do was make Paul kill himself.