What's in a name, er title?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: What's in a name, er title?

Post by SandChigger »

You want to kvibble Yiddish schpellinks now? :roll:

Everyone's a schitt-schtirer now! I should have lived this long....
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I never expected to live past 30, these are bonus years.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SwordMaster wrote:I see some Jew'ness with the BT. Secretive, think they will inherit the earth, think that non Jews are not a part of their big plan, have a name for non Jews, strange breeding practices.

A few things.
No, that's just Orald.

The Tleilaxu are Sufis, Muslim-ie mystic types. Most Sufis are Sunni rather than Shia, as Shia have a mystic tradition of their own. Mystics try to have a direct experience of God outside rituals, which makes the BT's obsession with ritual cleanliness a bit odd. This is supposed to be some sort of union with God which Sufis call baqa.

The idea of hiding your true identity is a Shia concept, as the Shia were persecuted at times in Islamic history. Muslims usually have a duty to bear witness to their faith but the Shia have a concept called taqiyya where you can hide your true Shia identity to avoid persecution. Looks like Frank just threw a few random esoteric Islamic practices together and pinned them on the Tleilaxu.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SwordMaster wrote:Yeah I thought I might stir it up a bit
Ah, the ol' SoleMan gambit.

Congratulations; you've really aimed high there.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SwordMaster wrote:I see some Jew'ness with the BT. Secretive, think they will inherit the earth, think that non Jews are not a part of their big plan, have a name for non Jews, strange breeding practices.

A few things.
He's right, you know. I hear that they make babies in their butts. Uh-huh. Yep.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

SandChigger wrote:You want to kvibble Yiddish schpellinks now? :roll:

Everyone's a schitt-schtirer now! I should have lived this long....
But if you did mis spell a word even in yidish i need to make note.... lol :cat fight:
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Whereas I would need to kill a forest ... oh, never mind.

Go discuss the myth of my infallibility and how I supposedly think I'm always right with Cuntyplatia over on C-H Tabrrrrr.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Sandchigger has only been wrong once.

That was when he thought he was wrong.

:wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I on the other hand, know everything. I just can't remember it all at once.
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

SandChigger wrote:Whereas I would need to kill a forest ... oh, never mind.

Go discuss the myth of my infallibility and how I supposedly think I'm always right with Cuntyplatia over on C-H Tabrrrrr.
Nice one ! You lurk there I sapose my post count is fairly steady!

Cuntyplatia is nice though! Zing!

But it is curious, and I will try to mis spell a lot of words so you become slightly a bit annoyed! I like to just sort of watch people who are a complete mess, I find them highly entertaining, sort of like you and TEHKJA ! Only Im not as good at it as you are.

Tell you a quick story. Im coaching a baseball team about 10 yrs ago, my younger brother and about 10 of his buds. A couple kids had still not paid me for the season and uniforms so I yell out after practice, "Some of you jews have still not paid up" and it was quiet, one of the kids was of course a jewish boy, nice kid, he was not too upset or anything, but I did feel bad. Not so bad as to never tell the story again. The way I grew up "jew" did not even mean "jewish person" it ment "cheep, stingy, not trusted with money" And it had just become a bad habbit. I know a lot of folks who do the same with words like nigger and spick wet back chink hoe slut bitch nip gook fag etc. Just as bad as any of the rest.

Still lauguage is only a tool, the word itself ment what I thought it ment... I obviously later learned of the Jewish faith, iroicly through the famous "shylock" play yadda yadda yadda

My yiddish is improving as steady as my post count at sieetcH TbBbsrr :cat fight:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

That place is still online?

So, with you and SC that makes, what... four members?

:snooty:

I love that "snooty" smilie for some reason.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SwordMaster wrote:Still lauguage is only a tool
Right. So what happened to your policy of not using tools you don't understand? ;)

And remember, you can only annoy those who pay attention to you. ;)

But tell me, SM, are y'all talking any Dune over there?
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

LOL, well I have only learned of technopeasentry recently so I had not yet adapted my tools usage

I tried to talk Dune, by posting my outline for dune 7

1 response by a guy who did not understand the outline, nor spoke english very well.

I doubt il post my dune 7 outline here, as I fear the flames

But most of the dune topics there include NEWdune and so I have no idea what the hell people are posting about Paul's haircut when he was 13

So I guess its dune but not real dune. Most of them need help but get confussed about what happend in Frank Dune between what happends in Brian dune. They are always confussed about basic things like where Paul was born, and what happend in HoD and CHoD. They are always saying i guess Il have to go re read CHoD. Tainted by TEHKJA!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SwordMaster wrote:I doubt il post my dune 7 outline here, as I fear the flames
You'd only get flamed if it includes something stupid, like references to Paul being born on Kaitain or to Terminator-style AI robots enslaving and killing people leading to the Butlerian Jihad, that kind of thing or something that disregards or rewrites canon in a similar way that doesn't really work in the Duniverse.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'd love a chance to rip it to shre... I mean offer some criticism.

:)
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SwordMaster wrote:LOL, well I have only learned of technopeasentry recently so I had not yet adapted my tools usage

I tried to talk Dune, by posting my outline for dune 7

1 response by a guy who did not understand the outline, nor spoke english very well.

I doubt il post my dune 7 outline here, as I fear the flames

But most of the dune topics there include NEWdune and so I have no idea what the hell people are posting about Paul's haircut when he was 13

So I guess its dune but not real dune. Most of them need help but get confussed about what happend in Frank Dune between what happends in Brian dune. They are always confussed about basic things like where Paul was born, and what happend in HoD and CHoD. They are always saying i guess Il have to go re read CHoD. Tainted by TEHKJA!
You should post your outline here, instead of wasting your time on Vinegar Tits's site. That place is a boil on the arse of the online Dune community.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Here, we may be tough, but we'll appreciate the effort. And the entertainment :).

HBJ