Describe the Bene Tleilax!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Discribe the BT!

Post by Freakzilla »

I couldn't bare to read on after Hunters.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:I must finish to know even more of how they've turned the Dune legacy into a cash cow. But it's going to be depressing I know. Then I will reread the original to purge my mind of the rampant lies.
no, seriously, don't do that ....

stop reading right now (seen, once seen, cannot be unseen &etc)

and it's just not necessary ... if your interest is the inconsistencies or divergences from Frank's Dune,
there are more than enough threads here that list them point by point; actually reading the words Keith
spoke into his digital recorder is a waste of time ....

and I've seen more than one sharp person get little details mixed up - it's just not worth taking the
chance, like heroin ....

and also, Omph, even tho Swordmaster's water was poured into Hyppo's douchebag,
I sure wish you'd correct the spelling on the topic line - just cause the plastic ninja couldn't
spell doesn't mean we should leave the impression the rest of us can't ..... (with certain exceptions...)
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I read Dune a couple months after Sadworms and it had almost no magic. Almost none. It wasn't until I picked up Messiah a couple months ago that I started really caring about Dune again.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:...and also, Omph, even tho Swordmaster's water was poured into Hyppo's douchebag,
I sure wish you'd correct the spelling on the topic line - just cause the plastic ninja couldn't
spell doesn't mean we should leave the impression the rest of us can't ..... (with certain exceptions...)
I'll take a stab at it...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:I'm reading Grunters for the first time...
Let us know when you get to the "deep-throating" episode.

Although I rather suspect we'll know from the screams... :?
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: Describe the BT!

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:and also, Omph, even tho Swordmaster's water was poured into Hyppo's douchebag...
Now that is funny!

SandRider wrote:...I sure wish you'd correct the spelling on the topic line - just cause the plastic ninja couldn't
What's this now? Something about his title?

OH! I see. The title of this topic. I laughed when he first put it up. Thought it was kind of funny. but Ill fix it.

Edit: Oh well. Just change the RE on the next post

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: Describe the Bene Tleilax!

Post by Omphalos »

See, now it works.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:See, now it works.
Good job! :D
~Pink Snowman
reverendmotherQ.

Post by reverendmotherQ. »

SandChigger wrote:
reverendmotherQ. wrote:I'm reading Grunters for the first time...
Let us know when you get to the "deep-throating" episode.

Although I rather suspect we'll know from the screams... :?
The hell?
Hm. The only way that concept could ever have room in Dune is an Honored Matre Hermaphradite.
J/k. But that would blow my mind.
Alas, I suspect this must be even worse. So I'm trying to do homework to distract my self from the impending literary DOOM.
reverendmotherQ.

trang wrote:
reverendmotherQ. wrote:I must finish to know even more of how they've turned the Dune legacy into a cash cow. But it's going to be depressing I know. Then I will reread the original to purge my mind of the rampant lies.
Encase your head in aluminium foil, get a voodoo chicken and rabbits foot. a 4 four leaf clover, . and check to make sure your health premiums are up to date. These are the checks to make before forging forward into the remainder of those two pieces of bile.

as for sad worms... two things.. ghola's, ghola's.... and worms are like Baskin-Robins.

If you survive those and wish to really take a spin on the death wheel... there is Paul and and BagOWinds. I Highly suggest revisiting all of the above checks and included the following:

1. read near an open flame (tear each page out after you have read it and burn it)
2. have at least two fifths of whiskey handy
3. a computer with net access and Jacurutu forums open and ready
4. an open window to scream out
This sounds like an excellent plan. :runs for liquor cabinet. Now for the fire, but damn its cold. Why don't I have a fire place? My parents have no imagination when it comes to houses and now would be an excellent time to own one. Oh, wait. It's not my book. >.<

Gholas as baskin robins - nice metaphor I'm going to guess. Do they come in blueberry?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:Alas, I suspect this must be even worse.
She has the Sight! Could she be The One? :pray:
So I'm trying to do homework to distract my self from the impending literary DOOM.
Coward! :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
reverendmotherQ.

Or a busy student. :lol:
But I did read this morning and found a thought to ponder.
KJA's Tleilaxu seem to be tremendously prescient in storing cells for potential gholas. All that nonsense about the sword with Muad Dib's cells is a little extravagant. It's been a while since I read the original series, mostly the earlier ones, and where does this sword make even the slightest appearance in Herbert's text?
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:Or a busy student. :lol:
KJA's Tleilaxu seem to be tremendously prescient in storing cells for potential gholas. All that nonsense about the sword with Muad Dib's cells is a little extravagant. It's been a while since I read the original series, mostly the earlier ones, and where does this sword make even the slightest appearance in Herbert's text?
Nowhere, except in KJA and the other guy's Paul of DUNE.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
reverendmotherQ.

Seraphan wrote:
Yeah, because in the original it seemed that the Tleilaxu never ventured beyond their home unless necessary. That would be why they have face dancers to do the dirty work. In Muadib's time I am sure they had better things to worry about than ressurrecting a political obstacle.
Silly KJA, Dune is for Frank. Leave it that way!
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:
Seraphan wrote:
Yeah, because in the original it seemed that the Tleilaxu never ventured beyond their home unless necessary. That would be why they have face dancers to do the dirty work. In Muadib's time I am sure they had better things to worry about than ressurrecting a political obstacle.
Silly KJA, Dune is for Frank. Leave it that way!
Everything you read in those literary atrocities stems from the fact the KJA hates the Dune novels. The idiot misunderstood the first one, saying that Paul was the greatest hero of science fiction to him.
Then, when Frank released Messiah, KJA was/is unable to understand it and therefore hates it and every single novel that came afterward.
Why? Because they have no action sequences and the chapters are too smart for him to understand.

Added: I forgot to mention the fact that, since he hates Dune, he is desperatly trying to re-write it his way.
That's the reason for the prequels/interquels/sequels. Want proof of this attitude of his? In one of his infamous tweets, he wrote that he didn't like the end of Battlestar Galactica, stating "Will write a few chapters of my own".
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
reverendmotherQ.

Added: I forgot to mention the fact that, since he hates Dune, he is desperatly trying to re-write it his way.
That's the reason for the prequels/interquels/sequels. Want proof of this attitude of his? In one of his infamous tweets, he wrote that he didn't like the end of Battlestar Galactica, stating "Will write a few chapters of my own".
OH NO HE WON'T! He's ruining my beloved dune and now he want's to fuck with BSG!
OH, its on. THis bitch won't know whats coming.
lotek

Post by lotek »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:
OH NO HE WON'T! He's ruining my beloved dune and now he want's to fuck with BSG!
OH, its on. THis bitch won't know whats coming.
I think we agree he should keep his filthy paws off Caprica and Boomer.
Brrr I shudder just imagining it...

As for the OM issue, I think that every author is allowed some leeway in his work, after all it is their own creation so it is only fair they do what they want...
BUT
it has to serve a fucking purpose!!!

Do you get that Hack? P.U.R.P.O.S.E!!!

As some KJASFanboys are so anxious to point out, even Frank made mistakes("inconsistencies"), but what they forget is that a talented writer doesn't use them to magically forward his story...

I think that Frank actually left some things unexplained as to how/why they happened, but his genius was not to belabor and let his reader fill in the gaps, so that there would be a myriad of possibilities in all those minds :)

The hack being himself and feeling so unconfortable in trusting his readers(afraid they join the OH maybe ;))in using their imagination, he just mind rapes them and forcibly inserts his blabbering(?) in... argh I can't continue picturing this(conjures up disturbing images and I haven't had breakfast yet)

But you get my drift(so I'll let you fill in the gaps_and I don't mean that literally!)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
trang

Post by trang »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:
trang wrote:
Encase your head in aluminium foil, get a voodoo chicken and rabbits foot. a 4 four leaf clover, . and check to make sure your health premiums are up to date. These are the checks to make before forging forward into the remainder of those two pieces of bile.

as for sad worms... two things.. ghola's, ghola's.... and worms are like Baskin-Robins.

If you survive those and wish to really take a spin on the death wheel... there is Paul and and BagOWinds. I Highly suggest revisiting all of the above checks and included the following:

1. read near an open flame (tear each page out after you have read it and burn it)
2. have at least two fifths of whiskey handy
3. a computer with net access and Jacurutu forums open and ready
4. an open window to scream out
This sounds like an excellent plan. :runs for liquor cabinet. Now for the fire, but damn its cold. Why don't I have a fire place? My parents have no imagination when it comes to houses and now would be an excellent time to own one. Oh, wait. It's not my book. >.<

Gholas as baskin robins - nice metaphor I'm going to guess. Do they come in blueberry?
As you will see they come in all the flavors!!!
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

reverendmotherQ.

^ can I get a Techno-blueberry, lavalamp color alternating, one, in the guise of a young Elizabeth Taylor?
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I've got a really sick and twisted comment,
but I'll just email it to the SandChigger ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yes? Hello? Is the chick (tank?) in the mail? Nothing here yet.... :(
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:I've got a really sick and twisted comment,
but I'll just email it to the SandChigger ....
why start holding back now? :D

Goodnight Golden Path!
Lionel Horsepackage

Post by Lionel Horsepackage »

I don't recall it appearing either, and I don't think that it was actually very clear (in the original Frank Herbert novels) that the Scattering Bene Tleilaxu Masters did, in fact, have any of those tubes containing cell samples. The reason I say that is because I don't believe that the Scattering BT Masters were using the ghola process to reincarnate themselves. Recall that the Old Empire Bene Tleilaxu Masters did not recognize and did not trust the returning Scattering BT Masters. If the returning Masters were simply reincarnated gholas of Old Empire Masters who had left in the Scattering, then the Old Empire BT Masters would have recognized them, and known them by name.

This suggests that the Scattering BT masters and their Face Dancers reproduced without the ghola process -- i.e., the old fashioned way. Thus, the most highly valued secret of the Bene Tleilaxu (the ghola-reincarnation process) was kept safe, sequestered within the familiar confines of the Old Empire.

I think that the great powers of Marty and Daniel could be partially explained by the fact that they had absorbed the memories and abilities of Mentats, Reverend Mothers, and others (such as Ixian scientists). We should also recall Duncan's Mentat Projection: that Marty and Daniel had developed a new way to use the Holtzman effect. This new use of Holtzman's theories could help account for the powerful abilities of this Face Dancer pair.