A BG Scytale Ghola?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:It obviously has somethign to do with computers too, since when he erases the no-ship's computer memory it dissappears.
Good point.

Does that mean the computer was their access point...some type of relay or transponder? Maybe Duncan's proximity to the computer consol is why the vision is so much stronger that last time? (Or is that because they have lifted off and entered foldspace?)

Hmmm.

(Sorry, orald, but divinities are not something my universe has room for. Besides

human + worm-vector != god

;) )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
orald

Post by orald »

Mandy wrote:You ignore the Voice in your head, or the BG Voice?
The one that tells me you should've posted a pic of yourself a long time ago. :P
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Freakzilla wrote:It obviously has somethign to do with computers too, since when he erases the no-ship's computer memory it dissappears.
Yes...that would explained how Duncan had access to the scroll of weapons...

Man, it's beginning to feel like the Matrix, when they have access to training and stuff... :lol:

But seriously, the use of Holztmann theories, as we know, needs an engine or mechanical device to create the fold in space. I'm thinking more like a No-ship here. I've been curious for a time about that 2 centimeters long Holztmann generator that Duncan discovered in the scroll...Could it be that the SFD found a way to include something of the like in their DNA and that it is what (and their brain interface, like Chigger said) creates the Net? :|
JustSomeGuy

Re: A BG Scytale Ghola?

Post by JustSomeGuy »

"We know." But what is it we do not know?

¿At this point in the Dune story, is it necessary for a Tleilaxu ghola's memories to be awakened through a traumatic event? It's been awhile since I read the books, but I remember that technique first being discovered in Dune Messiah. Thousands of years have passed since then. It would have been very interesting (to me) if they had raised Scytale and his memories had just come back to him on their own. ¿Can you imagine?
I bring nothing to the table.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Even to the end of the series some kind of extreme emotion must be used to trigger past-lives memories, though they have gotten very good at it as I recall.

What's with the upside down question marks? Not familiar with that particular punctuation mark.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

I have trouble hearing the questions over the noise of the unnecessary inverted question mark.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

What's with the upside down question marks? Not familiar with that particular punctuation mark.
I have trouble hearing the questions over the noise of the unnecessary inverted question mark.
Please don't hold this against me. I'm not going to stop. I mean, I know it causes clutter sometimes, but if I left one out then I would feel uncomfortable. I would keep thinking about it and wouldn't be able to sleep well at night.

Even to the end of the series some kind of extreme emotion must be used to trigger past-lives memories, though they have gotten very good at it as I recall.
I know for sure everyone else was using that technique, ¿but what about the Bene Tleilax specifically? I can't remember if any references were made to this by Scytale.
I bring nothing to the table.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I don't honestly have a quote I can cite right now, but I'm 99% sure that someone BT does in fact mention using these techniques still.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

JustSomeGuy wrote:Please don't hold this against me. I'm not going to stop.
Fair enough.

As long as you understand they are incredibly annoying and make people pretty much want to skip everything you have to say.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

doesn't really bother me, I don't guess ....
but WTF do I know, I think I'm e.e. cummings, or somebody ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

sandrider lived in a pretty how town
sun coming up or rain cummings down