Is this still alive?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, SandRider

Trevoke

Is this still alive?

Post by Trevoke »

A few days ago, not knowing anything about this forum, I decided that this should happen.

Don't judge me; I was on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/dune/comments/1 ... te_dune_7/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And then someone told me that here was a Dune-related forum, and I wasn't the first to try to make this happen. So .. Is this project still going on? Am I allowed to pilfer at will from what is written here? Does anyone want to join in this cycle?
SandRider
Watermaster

Re: Is this still alive?

Post by SandRider »

we pull it out & poke at it from time to time ....

lots of ideas have been floated, but we haven't yet buckled-down
and tried to get an OH Consensus on any major points ....
(except, of course, that Marty & Daniel are motherfucking
Face Dancers
(goddammit) & that Tleszer will
do the actual writing once such a (fucking impossible)
Consensus is reached ...

but, by all means, please Join the Party ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Naïve mind

Post by Naïve mind »

I have recently read two Dune continuations; Dune Advent by William Mitchell, and Dune Revenant by Marco van Leeuwen. I will certainly want to read yours, and if you've set up a mailing list, please sign me up :)
Trevoke

Post by Trevoke »

Alright; let me get some stuff underway with the few people who are interested, see how we want to organize, and then we'll see how to best interact / merge with your ongoing work.

If you want to join the "mailing list" (right now it's just everyone's emails, there's ~9 of us), feel free to send me a PM on reddit or an email (my username at gmail) and we'll pull you in :)
WolfgangMercury

Post by WolfgangMercury »

Trevoke wrote:Alright; let me get some stuff underway with the few people who are interested, see how we want to organize, and then we'll see how to best interact / merge with your ongoing work.

If you want to join the "mailing list" (right now it's just everyone's emails, there's ~9 of us), feel free to send me a PM on reddit or an email (my username at gmail) and we'll pull you in :)
Sorry to necro, but is everybody still working on this? I would love to see where it would go.
"We've lost that clear, single-note of living. If it cannot be bottled, beaten, pointed or hoarded, we give it no value."

Emperor Muad'dib, Dune Messiah
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

We don't frown upon resurrecting old threads here.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
WolfgangMercury

Post by WolfgangMercury »

Freakzilla wrote:We don't frown upon resurrecting old threads here.
Thanks goodness. So, restating my earlier question, how far has this gone?
"We've lost that clear, single-note of living. If it cannot be bottled, beaten, pointed or hoarded, we give it no value."

Emperor Muad'dib, Dune Messiah
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't think it's gone anywhere... so get busy!

The only unanswered questions I have are what exactly The Net is and how Duncan has memories from ghola lifetimes he doesn't have cells from.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
AnEhforanEh

Post by AnEhforanEh »

Freakzilla wrote:I don't think it's gone anywhere... so get busy!

The only unanswered questions I have are what exactly The Net is and how Duncan has memories from ghola lifetimes he doesn't have cells from.
My best guess is that the "Net" is a visual representation of a means of redirecting a noship's course. Whether its the result of a technological device or a biological "talent" developed by AFDs I cant say.