• Register
  • Login
  •          

Bene Gesserit and White Tigress

One of the two remaining Great Schools tasked with mentoring humanity

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Bene Gesserit and White Tigress

Postby jlacivita » 15 Jul 2008 00:00

Been reading a little bit about the Taoist White Tigress philosophies and I think there's some strong similarities to the Bene Gesserit: Sexual superiority of women, but they still need to train a man to complete them and give them the one thing they can't get themselves.

Check it out if you're looking for a new thing to see Dune connections in :)

PS: i prolly won't be around here often but wanted to share this with the dunenovels forum members I liked the most back in the day, and you guys all seem to be moderators here, so this place must be pretty cool (that and the chigger is allowed in)
    jlacivita

Postby SandChigger » 15 Jul 2008 00:50

:D Hiyahowahyahowyabeen?

Taoist White Tigress philosophies? I can't say that I've ever heard of this. I'm assuming it's Chinese. Which era?
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby chanilover » 10 Aug 2008 04:30

The White Tigress adepts use sexual techniques to increase their flow of chi. There are still some White Tigress chapters in existence now, and they're reserved to women only.
    "You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
    chanilover

Postby SandChigger » 10 Aug 2008 08:40

HOW do you know these things? :)
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Eyes High » 10 Aug 2008 14:06

Hey; Why should the men have all the fun. :oops:
    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified

Postby SandChigger » 10 Aug 2008 21:52

We shouldn't! :D

(But, um, who was it again spread around the idea we should? ;) )

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby orald » 11 Aug 2008 11:19

Eyes High wrote:Hey; Why should the men have all the fun. :oops:

Why, I'm sure there're some White Tigresses who could, uh...damn, there's no polite way to say it, is there? :oops:

For some reason I miss Liquidblue or what's-her-name-was...
    In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
    orald

Return to ˱