Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Eyes High
Patience Personified

Re: Postgraduate paper

Post by Eyes High »

Freakzilla wrote:Women are evil.

And most men still love them. :angelic-little: :angelic-halofell: :angelic-red:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
moreh_yeladim

Post by moreh_yeladim »

Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:There is also a fictional BG Training Manual floating around out there. I don't think Ive added it to the list yet, but I should have it at home, if you are interested. Its fun, but that's about it.
I've got it on me now.
Torrent? Post?
Brian Herbert is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave a universe-spanning empire to your next of kin.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Here it is. Ill be putting it up at T(A)U soon, just as soon as I can find some time to update the list.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
moreh_yeladim

Post by moreh_yeladim »

Omphalos wrote:Here it is. Ill be putting it up at T(A)U soon, just as soon as I can find some time to update the list.
I'm reading the section on poisons and I can see why we call it fictional. It's far to cautionary to be truly Bene Gesserit. A Bene Gesserit would understand that they never truly know everything of their situation and would come prepared with abilities to handle any situation they thought probable in the slightest. Also:
Some religions operate on the probability that there is a god. These religions are extremely vulnerable to exploitation. Catholicism, Judaism, Shinto and the Mormon church are all vulnerable to exploitation methods that take advantage of a lack of faith in a creator.
I find this extremely jarring given that the religion exploited by Muad'dib and the Missionaria Protectiva before him was a fundamentalist Islam with a living manifestation of God. And finally:
Put another way, the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I didn't know the Donald Rumsfeld was a Bene Gesserit.
Brian Herbert is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave a universe-spanning empire to your next of kin.