So when do we arrest Bush & Cheney?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Pansyass

Post by Pansyass »

SandRider wrote:"We got both kinds of music - County
County music? It's that the kind of music played at the County Fair?
AND Western."
Real sophisticated these good folks!
I like Country music!

I bet you meant to write Country.

What about Tex-Mex music? If you live in Texas, you should be familiar with it! Have you ever done the "quebradita" dance? That's like a Mex-Western dance, right?

Sorry, I forgot about your bad back. :wink:

A serious question SandRider: What do the typical Texas Bush voter says about George W.? Do they admit to his plan to rape the middle class or are they in denial to the many problems caused by George W.'s policy/lack of policy decisions?
George has economically set himself, his clan, and his tribe, for a very, very long time. Why no protest?

There were huge Immigration protest by both pertinent sides of the issue.
There were huge Kid should stay with Dad protest by both sides in the Elian G. saga.
But there are no protest when America's Banking System is in jeopardy of collapsing.
There are no protest about the lack of ethics permeating the Oval office.
Where are all the prudes that wanted to see Clinton hang because he lied.
Who really loves our country? Why are we still divided up and down the mid-line of bening reasoning and altruistic thought? Why vote my prejudices when I know it serves no purpose other than to promote hate?

What about Bush and the people who voted for him a second term?
And the ones who still voted Republican? If that ticket wasn't a joke....

Bailing out reach people it's better than to bail out poor folk. And the beat goes on...cars keep getting faster all the time....and the beat goes on....

Oh wait....Medical Insurance
Infrastructure
College Aid
and the freaking useless, expensive, bloody war. :cry:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

You'll find me an enemy of generalizations & stereotypes, altho I acknowledge their uses.
(usin' myself as a f'instance : Obama precinct Captain & Sons of Confederate Veterans officer)

Texas voted 55% to 44% for McCain.
(4,467,748 to 3,521,164) We're set up so that all 34 electoral college votes go to the winner of the
popular election - if we were set up to split EC votes along congressional district lines - well, we'd
still be recounting, but you get the point. While 55% is a very strong showing, it shows great Republican
weakness is a "red" Southern state during "wartime".

As far as George W. Bush, there are those (myself included) that have never considered him to be
a "Texan", altho he is certainly more "Texan" than Pappy. (I still laugh my ass off at the thought of
Bush the Elder's cowboy boots during the 88 election)

W burned up what good will he had down here in the second term.

There are no large scale protests of the banking scandal because no-one understands it, including Congress.

There will be no real protest of the wars until the draft is re-instated.

I say we are a generation to two generations away from the type of economic collapse that will
energize the population for change. But then I'm sure the American people will opt for a military
facist dictator to protect them from the Chinese. I don't really give a damn, I'll be long dead by then.

BTW, as a sidenote to history, in the 60s, the divide between Country and Western music was huge
and serious. "Country" meant the stuff from Nashville. "Western" was the new twangy electric music
from Bakersfield, Merle Haggard & Buck Owens. Of course, in Texas, Bob Wills is Still the King.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

I would have loved to see that man whacked hard in the face by at least one of those shoes. WHACK! Imagine that... I guess Bush is too fast and cat-like. I saw an interview after it with what's her name, Creepy Crawly from CNN? She was asking quite pointed questions about the economy, and he just spewed the same stupid stumbling non-answers he's been giving since his administration began. He starts to answer, then corrects himself, spends half the time explaining the correction, then gives some generic statement everyone already knows. And his response to when she asked about the shoe, was his stupid "that's one way to get attention" which is definitely not the case. As if the shoe-thrower just wanted to be in the lime light. He was clearly pissed off for a reason. He spoke for a lot of people, Iraqi and non-Iraqi alike. GOD I HATE YOUR STUPID PRESIDENT!@#@#
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandRider wrote:"We got both kinds of music - County AND Western."
That's what this place was missing, more Blues Brothers! :D
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." — George W. Bush ,Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008
"I didn't grow up in the ocean -- as a matter of fact -- near the ocean -- I grew up in the desert. Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean. And I particularly like it when I'm fishing." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2008
"Should the Iranian regime-do they have the sovereign right to have civilian nuclear power? So, like, if I were you, that's what I'd ask me. And the answer is, yes, they do." --George W. Bush, talking to reporters in Washington, D.C., July 2, 2008
"And so the fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place." --George W. Bush, Mesa, Arizona, May 27, 2008
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Classics :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Part of me will always remember George W. Bush as a very special person. :P
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

I love the Bushism daily calendars, worth every penny :D

Rob
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Bush's Administration will seem like summer picnic on Caladan when The Messiah (Obama) gets done with us.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

I will not miss George W. Bush.

The only way I will miss him is if Obama does EVERYTHING Bush did and MORE.

I doubt this will happen because Obama opposed the war in Iraq before it started, has more environmentally friendly policies, will use diplomacy more and opposes torture (If you apporove of Bush's enhanced interrogation techniques you are against the Universal Declaration of Human Rights).

If he does not repeat the mistakes and crimes George Bush did but only does his own mistakes, then perhaps he will let me down but I still will not miss George Bush. The President I will REALLY miss is Bill Clinton.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Nebiros wrote:I doubt this will happen because Obama opposes torture (If you apporove of Bush's enhanced interrogation techniques you are against the Universal Declaration of Human Rights).
This is a joke. The exact same amount of torture and detentions will happen
under Obama's watch, just has it has under practically every president's
watch since time began - not to mention just as it does in every civilized
nation on earth. Closing Guantanamo just means it won't happen there
anymore. Closing Guantanamo was a PR move, nothing more, nothing less.

And Bush's "enhanced interrogation techniques" are America's techniques.
You give Bush too much credit. Bush's mistake was letting the cat out of the
bag.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I wish I could disagree with about torture under the new admin.

What we should get is no use of CIA tactics by the general military -
that's atleast a step in right direction. I can't support ordering National
Guard troops to waterboard detainees. (which begs the question, what
the fuck is the National Guard doing involved in a foreign conflict, but ...)

But the Exec Order signed last week stating that everyone will
abide by the published Army guidelines for prisoner treatment had
a number of loopholes for the CIA, other Intel agencies etc, and a
lot of "special circumstance" language ....

Atleast diplomatically, it's a decent move. The new Executive branch is
telling the world, yeah, this is some messed up shit, we're gonna work
on it, while the last one said, yeah ? Fuck them, and fuck you too, if you
don't like it ....
ImageImage

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:(which begs the question, what
the fuck is the National Guard doing involved in a foreign conflict, but ...)
About the National Guard:

The National Guard, the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions, celebrated its 370th birthday on December 13, 2006. The National Guard traces its history back to the earliest English colonies in North America. Responsible for their own defense, the colonists drew on English military tradition and organized their able-bodied male citizens into militias.

The colonial militias protected their fellow citizens from Indian attack, foreign invaders, and later helped to win the Revolutionary War. Following independence, the authors of the Constitution empowered Congress to "provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia." However, recognizing the militia's state role, the Founding Fathers reserved the appointment of officers and training of the militia to the states. Today's National Guard still remains a dual state-Federal force.

Throughout the 19th century the size of the Regular Army was small, and the militia provided the bulk of the troops during the Mexican War, the early months of the Civil War, and the Spanish-American War. In 1903, important national defense legislation increased the role of the National Guard (as the militia was now called) as a Reserve force for the U.S. Army. In World War I, which the U.S. entered in 1917, the National Guard made up 40% of the U.S. combat divisions in France; in World War II, National Guard units were among the first to deploy overseas and the first to fight.

Following World War II, National Guard aviation units, some of them dating back to World War I, became the Air National Guard, the nation's newest Reserve component. The Guard stood on the frontiers of freedom during the Cold War, sending soldiers and airmen to fight in Korea and to reinforce NATO during the Berlin crisis of 1961-1962. During the Vietnam war, almost 23,000 Army and Air Guardsmen were called up for a year of active duty; some 8,700 were deployed to Vietnam. Over 75,000 Army and Air Guardsmen were called upon to help bring a swift end to Desert Storm in 1991.

Since that time, the National Guard has seen the nature of its Federal mission change, with more frequent call ups in response to crises in Haiti, Bosnia, Kosovo, and the skies over Iraq. Most recently, following the attacks of September 11, 2001, more than 50,000 Guardmembers were called up by both their States and the Federal government to provide security at home and combat terrorism abroad. In the largest and swiftest response to a domestic disaster in history, the Guard deployed more than 50,000 troops in support of the Gulf States following Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Today, tens of thousands of Guardmembers are serving in harm's way in Iraq and Afghanistan, as the National Guard continues its historic dual mission, providing to the states units trained and equipped to protect life and property, while providing to the nation units trained, equipped and ready to defend the United States and its interests, all over the globe.

http://www.ngb.army.mil/About/default.aspx
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Exactly. That's my point.
The Guard is doing the job of the Reserve.
I'll get back to this in a little while, buddy,
I've got a horny 40 something housewife
in Florida waiting for me on a webcam ....
ImageImage

Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

SandRider wrote:Exactly. That's my point.
The Guard is doing the job of the Reserve.
I'll get back to this in a little while, buddy,
I've got a horny 40 something housewife
in Florida waiting for me on a webcam ....
sandhumper99???

:P
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

well, um .... yeah.
ImageImage