Idiots in D.C.

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Eyes High
Patience Personified

Idiots in D.C.

Post by Eyes High »

How many idiots and :angry-cussingblack: can there be in politics???? I swear I'm going crazier with each new news release. :angry-banghead:

Yes, Momma Eyes is venting and trying her best not to loose her patience :angelic-red: but :angry-steamingears: the current nutcases in Washington.... :crazy:

This is some new TV prank show right...right?...RIGHT???? :crying-blue:

:confusion-helpsos:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Idiots in D.C.

Post by SandChigger »

The problem is that the nutcases aren't ALL in Washington; they're spread all over the country.

I turn on the news every morning dreading to hear what new nonsense the Orange Shit Monkey has spewed from his facial anus. My masochistic longings are rarely disappointed. lol

The parties have to go. They no longer serve any useful purpose....
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I guess I should have titled this thread: Idiots in politics.
The politicians in my state are acting like angry children, at least most of them seem to be. I read about other states and what's going on in them, then see, read, and hear about what is transpiring in DC and it's hard to believe this isn't a nightmare.

And I don't know what scares me more....the narcissistic delusional temper tantrum throwing 70 yr old toddler or his core supporters. :Adolf:

It's scary to view but even scarier not to know. I have sent more emails and phone messages to my representatives in these past six weeks than I have in the past two decades. :crazy:

Glad to see you back Chig.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I tell you what, these fuckers want a war. Doesn't matter who its with.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:I tell you what, these fuckers want a war. Doesn't matter who its with.
Each other
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Its not even about partisanship anymore, its literally like a child throwing a tantrum and tearing apart their building blocks. I feel like the GOP leadership was much more happy being an opposition/obstructionist party and now they have to babysit and govern. Its Murphy's Law everything that can go wrong is going wrong, and all at the same time.

Where are the Bene Gesseritt when you need them!
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I actually received a letter from one of my senators, thanking me for expressing my concerns about Trump and the election. (I don't remember saying anything about the election but I do remember asking him to basically grow a backbone and stand up to Trump. I just said it in a more genteel way) He went on to say that he was elected to represent all the people of our state and hope that i would feel free to contact him anytime during the 115 congressional term with any concerns that I may have. In other words, just plain lip service. While he acknowledge my contact with him he never once in the letter mentioned anything about how he plans to serve the people of our state. :mad:

I just don't understand what is going on with not only the federal government but my local government as well. Like Amp said, they are acting more like children.

They act more like toddlers who are in the "mine, mine" stage and just won't listen to anyone who tries to tell them there is a way to share the toys and still be able to play.

I know our government has never been perfect and there will always be difference of opinions but when did we decide to return to a state of hate and fear? When did prejudice over rule intelligence?

I'm a registered Republican, my husband is registered Democrat, at least two of my sons are "unaffiliated" or independent. (I think all three are but not hundred percent sure about the oldest) We each have our own opinions and sometimes those opinions differ but we can discuss those differences with respect for those differences. I'm a Christian, and I have friends who are not but we respect each other. I believe in equality for ALL. Why has it become so hard for people to talk civil to one another?

My brother supports trump and I can't understand it. And while I strongly disagree with him and am baffled by his anger, I respect his right to his opinion. So why can't he respect the rights of others to disagree with trump? It didn't surprise me when two of my brother-in-laws fully supported trump, I knew they were racists and would quickly agree with trump's view on immigration and Muslims but others who threw their support behind him did come as a surprise to me. I hear the grandiloquence that trump and some of his people and supports spew and am reminded of my history classes in school. Why can't some people see the danger this temper tantrum attitude can do? Why can't they see the hate that is spreading throughout the land?

Why are we slipping back in time?
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

It was refreshing...and terrifying, to watch the Senate Intelligence Committee's open hearing. Refreshing because they all seemed to be taking it dead serious, and terrifying because of just how unprepared and lost the US seems to be on cybersecurity.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

The older I get the more often I find myself saying "fuck 'em all. Put them all up against a wall, POW! Bullet to the brain."

I am getting to be like my chain-smoking, scotch swilling uncle, who I loved a great deal, but who had anger issues.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Visigoth

Post by Visigoth »

Eyes High wrote:I actually received a letter from one of my senators, thanking me for expressing my concerns about Trump and the election. (I don't remember saying anything about the election but I do remember asking him to basically grow a backbone and stand up to Trump. I just said it in a more genteel way) He went on to say that he was elected to represent all the people of our state and hope that i would feel free to contact him anytime during the 115 congressional term with any concerns that I may have. In other words, just plain lip service. While he acknowledge my contact with him he never once in the letter mentioned anything about how he plans to serve the people of our state. :mad:

I just don't understand what is going on with not only the federal government but my local government as well. Like Amp said, they are acting more like children.

They act more like toddlers who are in the "mine, mine" stage and just won't listen to anyone who tries to tell them there is a way to share the toys and still be able to play.

I know our government has never been perfect and there will always be difference of opinions but when did we decide to return to a state of hate and fear? When did prejudice over rule intelligence?

I'm a registered Republican, my husband is registered Democrat, at least two of my sons are "unaffiliated" or independent. (I think all three are but not hundred percent sure about the oldest) We each have our own opinions and sometimes those opinions differ but we can discuss those differences with respect for those differences. I'm a Christian, and I have friends who are not but we respect each other. I believe in equality for ALL. Why has it become so hard for people to talk civil to one another?

My brother supports trump and I can't understand it. And while I strongly disagree with him and am baffled by his anger, I respect his right to his opinion. So why can't he respect the rights of others to disagree with trump? It didn't surprise me when two of my brother-in-laws fully supported trump, I knew they were racists and would quickly agree with trump's view on immigration and Muslims but others who threw their support behind him did come as a surprise to me. I hear the grandiloquence that trump and some of his people and supports spew and am reminded of my history classes in school. Why can't some people see the danger this temper tantrum attitude can do? Why can't they see the hate that is spreading throughout the land?

Why are we slipping back in time?

It is the Republican agenda who's been riding the Time Machine because of their Base. Hate? It has always been here. Racism? It is doing well. Truth? Please...as long as americans (anglo-saxon) hide the contributions made by All americans, there will not be respect for these " other americans" not anglo-saxon. Believe your own lies, and destroy the U.S. How can you even stay Republican?
ImageImageImage
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:I tell you what, these fuckers want a war. Doesn't matter who its with.
Each other
I tend to think that a lot of the infighting is a smokescreen to hide the fact of waging wars against various targets around the world. The more we focus on what one political party is saying about the other the less we notice what operations both parties are conducting in concert abroad. I wouldn't so much mind the parties fighting each other if that's what was really going on. The biggest problems facing America, I think, are where the parties are covertly united; this can include military adventures, supporting the big banks, and so forth.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

georgiedenbro wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Each other
I tend to think that a lot of the infighting is a smokescreen to hide the fact of waging wars against various targets around the world. The more we focus on what one political party is saying about the other the less we notice what operations both parties are conducting in concert abroad. I wouldn't so much mind the parties fighting each other if that's what was really going on. The biggest problems facing America, I think, are where the parties are covertly united; this can include military adventures, supporting the big banks, and so forth.
I meant they want the population fighting each other, and I believe to conceal what's going on internally.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Freakzilla wrote:
georgiedenbro wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
I meant they want the population fighting each other, and I believe to conceal what's going on internally.
Agreed. It's all part of it.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
Visigoth

Post by Visigoth »

Not Idiots, but men with purpose. 81% of white evangelicals voted for Trump; all the profanity, insults, dishonor displayed by Trump did not matter to the church crowd. Mc Cain is a Hero, but it didn't matter what Trump said or did, all voted for Trump. Now, even though treason is at Trump's bedroom door it still does not matters to his Base. Not idiots, men with a purpose. Tax returns hidden, Paris, N. Korea is more active than ever, lies galore, but it does not matter. Facts do not matter. Only money matters, for it is the root of all evil. :violin:
ImageImageImage