LAWMAKER CRIES ON HOUSE FLOOR

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Robspierre

LAWMAKER CRIES ON HOUSE FLOOR

Post by Robspierre »

LAWMAKER CRIES ON HOUSE FLOOR, UPSET GAYS MIGHT BE ABLE TO MARRY: 'MY HEART BREAKS FOR MINNESOTA'

http://www.towleroad.com/2013/05/lawmak ... esota.html

How do these idiots get elected?

Rob
lotek

Re: LAWMAKER CRIES ON HOUSE FLOOR

Post by lotek »

Idiots vote for them.

EDIT TO ADD
In France it's also quite shameful the way a lot of public figures express that bigot point of view, giving even more legitimity to the true bigots.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Naïve mind

Post by Naïve mind »

Robspierre wrote:LAWMAKER CRIES ON HOUSE FLOOR, UPSET GAYS MIGHT BE ABLE TO MARRY: 'MY HEART BREAKS FOR MINNESOTA'

After gay marriage was legalized in my country, it took about two years for the opposing political party, a family-values party with 'Christian' in its name, to do a 180 degree turn. Four more years after that, they had their own openly out, married representatives.

Don't bet on gay marriage 'dividing' America forever. And laugh at these idiots while you can; they may not be around for much longer.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Naïve mind wrote:
Robspierre wrote:LAWMAKER CRIES ON HOUSE FLOOR, UPSET GAYS MIGHT BE ABLE TO MARRY: 'MY HEART BREAKS FOR MINNESOTA'

After gay marriage was legalized in my country, it took about two years for the opposing political party, a family-values party with 'Christian' in its name, to do a 180 degree turn. Four more years after that, they had their own openly out, married representatives.

Don't bet on gay marriage 'dividing' America forever. And laugh at these idiots while you can; they may not be around for much longer.
You are naive.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Naïve mind

Post by Naïve mind »

Omphalos wrote: You are naive.
Indeed I am :)

Interracial marriage was illegal in many jurisdictions in the US until 'judicial activism' put an end to it. Is there a legislator in the US today proposing to make it illegal again?

Politics is like a game of sports. The two sides need to be evenly matched to make the game exciting. If the game isn't exciting, then voters aren't going to show up at the polling booths, and so there's no reason for politicians to beat the drum about it. Politics needs gridlock and divisiveness--and gay marriage can easily become something that's accepted and supported by 60% of centrist voters. That's enough to make it irrelevant for politicians outside the conservative fringe.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Naïve mind wrote:
Omphalos wrote: You are naive.
Indeed I am :)

Interracial marriage was illegal in many jurisdictions in the US until 'judicial activism' put an end to it. Is there a legislator in the US today proposing to make it illegal again?

No, there might not be any politician openly opposing interracial relations anymore but there are still people oppose to it. I got into an argument several years ago with one of my sister-in-laws because she was spouting the BS about whites shouldn't date or marry blacks and that blacks were 'inferior' and meant to serve us according to the bible. Which she's a racist B@#%^h anyhow. :doh: She was trying to say that the 'mark' God placed on Cain for killing his brother was the dark skin of a black man. She's about as christian as I am muslim. Gay marriage may become the norm in America one day and we or our children/grandchildren will look back on this time like we look back on the 50s and 60s. But unfortunately there will always be those against it based on their own phobias and ignorance and so there will always be division among the people and its nation.

Come to think about it, my boys nor I have ever been back over to that house since that day. :think:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Naïve mind

Post by Naïve mind »

Ahh, but your sister in-law isn't the "honorable opposition". When she threatens to boycott a "black-friendly" company, her letters are thrown into the waste basket. She doesn't get to object to a "black-friendly" curriculum in schools.

As divisive as her politics no doubt are for your family, she has next to no power to harass black people.

And on the level of a society, it is good that not all people hold the same beliefs. Diversity in thought is what allows a society to move forwards and backwards.
Naïve mind

Post by Naïve mind »

Just when you think that American anti-gay marriage activists are drama queens ... French historian kills himself before the altar of the Notre dame de Paris in protest of gay marriage.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

well, good for him ....

hmmm ... I wonder if we could somehow translate this man's
dedication to his causes to the nut-bags & shitheels over here?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Naïve mind wrote:Ahh, but your sister in-law isn't the "honorable opposition". When she threatens to boycott a "black-friendly" company, her letters are thrown into the waste basket. She doesn't get to object to a "black-friendly" curriculum in schools.

As divisive as her politics no doubt are for your family, she has next to no power to harass black people.
Thank God for that. :pray:

I recently found out that she disowned her granddaughter because the granddaughter announced she was homosexual. This woman used to do almost everything for the granddaughter, even bought her a car TWO YEARS before the girl was old enough to drive because the girl liked the car. But now just because the girl is attracted to the same gender she won't even talk to her any more. I knew she was bigoted but it surprised me her doing this to her only granddaughter. :crazy:
Naive Mind wrote: And on the level of a society, it is good that not all people hold the same beliefs. Diversity in thought is what allows a society to move forwards and backwards.
Yes, I know for one I'm glad we're not all the same. Even though I may disagree with others, I respect their right to believe differently and I feel like I have learned from by listening to others and trying to at least understand where they are coming from. Even though I know certain beliefs/attitudes I just can't comprehend and may never be able to do so.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.