FBI closes down Megaupload

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandRider
Watermaster

Re: FBI closes down Megaupload

Post by SandRider »

I couldn't decide if Four Lions was brilliant or offensive ...

the ending was so sad, and the humor, dark or not, seemed out of place ...

the first parts were very good, & funny, but after the first guy got blew up the
fuck up, it got weird for me ... I guess I'm old-school on films ... bumbling,
bungling wannabe criminals/terrorists are funny, but I'm used to them
being harmless & ineffective ... once the blood starts flowing, I have a hard
time seeing the humor ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Aren't there more dire political events going on at the moment besides the shutdown of Megaupload? :?: Unless the shutdown of Internet sites is getting worse, I may need to know how worse it'll get.
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
lotek

Post by lotek »

Jodorowsky's Acolyte wrote:Aren't there more dire political events going on at the moment besides the shutdown of Megaupload? :?: Unless the shutdown of Internet sites is getting worse, I may need to know how worse it'll get.
well of course there are more dire events going on in the world, but as far as online is concerned, well things are looking grim.
We have a whole bunch of people making decisions that will affect our very liberties, online but also and especially in the real world, and these people are still from a generation/frame of mind that's completely out of touch with the media they're dealing with.
Trying to apply that to what the internet is would be like trying to use coal energy knowledge to understand a nuclear plant. It might work at first but soon you'd find out about all the security problems you've created and/or let pass by doing that.

My concern is that they have the power of the law to force their twisted view on a system that will ultimately be "destroyed"(as in what it should become and won't)by this.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Things are looking grim.
I bring nothing to the table.