Occupy Protests

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Occupy Protests

Post by SandChigger »

Tag fail.

It's not that bloody hard: copy-paste the URL, select the line and click the YouTube button above the edit field.

:roll:
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

I have on several occasions done EXACTLY what you described and it still did not work. So that is not the problem. What? You mean technology isn't infallible? No...really? The problem is either with my browser, internet connection or something on this end. So I shut all my windows, did it exactly as before, and it worked perfectly. :lol:
Last edited by MetaCugel8262 on 13 Dec 2011 17:30, edited 2 times in total.
The play of words can lead to certain expectations which life is unable to match. This is a source of much insanity and other forms of unhappiness...-Wreave Saying: Whipping Star
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

The play of words can lead to certain expectations which life is unable to match. This is a source of much insanity and other forms of unhappiness...-Wreave Saying: Whipping Star
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

See, happened again...back in a jiff. This is hilarious. It's about the Star Trek versus Star Wars conflict and why it is stupid and pointless...and also why Twilight is bad for science fiction. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;­­0,2817,2397546,00.asp?kc=PCRS­S­03069TX1K0001121 ...Takei warned that a hot war between Star Trek and Star Wars fans could have unintended consequences, as pictured at right—and keep in mind that Jedi mind powers will not work on Shatner the Hutt. And besides, there's a greater peril out there for fans of both space operas, he cautioned."What's needed today, now, more than ever, is 'Star Peace,'" Takei said. "For there is an ominous, mutual threat to all science fiction. It's called 'Twilight.' And it is really, really bad. Gone is any sense of heroism, camaraderie, or epic battle. In its place, we have vampires ... that sparkle, moan, and go to high school. "Now, I'm not above mixing in a little sex appeal to spice up the fantasy. But sci-fi fans, be warned: there are no great stories, characters, or profound life lessons to be had in Twilight. No. In Twilight, the only message that rings through loud and clear is, 'Does my boyfriend like me?'"
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

It keeps happening. I have no idea why. Any suggestions?
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

After the = in a youtube link there are numbers and letters which are important, everything after that you can delete.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert

Worlds governed by artificial(Corp.as human)intelligence often learned a hard lesson. Logic Doesn't Care. Andromeda ep.206 All too Human

There, I thought I would add two quotes intrinsically related to everything I have posted today. Plus one is from Dune and one is from a Gene Roddenberry related science fiction TV series.
Last edited by MetaCugel8262 on 13 Dec 2011 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

There we go. Strange, for some reason that time it worked. Anyway, this is hilarious...enjoy.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

MetaCugel8262 wrote:[YouTubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvTCr5Z-0lA
Can you see the mistake in this post? The tags are wrong, the first one isn't complete, and the ending tag is missing. If you worry about typing out tags incorrectly you can always highlight the link and then click the "youtube" button, then your link will be wrapped in the proper tag for you. That works for any of the tags.

Also, when you mess up, you can edit your post instead of making an extra post.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

I'll keep that in mind, but I prefer to just use the post as an opportunity to edit it and add some Dune/SciFi related quotes that add quite nicely to the over all effect. Turning mistakes into opportunites if you will.
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

[YouTube84-Year-Old Dorli Rainey, Pepper-Sprayed at 'Occupy Seattle' ][/YouTube]
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:cylon101:

Code: Select all

[YouTube]www.youtubeURL.com[/YouTube]
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm sure we've all seen that, though.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

The last post was an error. It is of questionable authenticity. If fact, there is no reference what so ever in the Jewish religion about a secular state. So it is a political and non religious issue.
Last edited by MetaCugel8262 on 13 Dec 2011 20:47, edited 2 times in total.
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Video: UFO filmed hovering over Russian protesters
On the other hand, wouldn't the aliens want the crowds below to be distracted by earthly political conflicts as the space craft hatched bigger plans for Planet Earth? We're just saying. . . .
How little they know of alien methods. :snooty:
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Freakzilla wrote:Video: UFO filmed hovering over Russian protesters
On the other hand, wouldn't the aliens want the crowds below to be distracted by earthly political conflicts as the space craft hatched bigger plans for Planet Earth? We're just saying. . . .
How little they know of alien methods. :snooty:
:) Looks like a helicopter.
observers say was definitely not a helicopter
Yep, helicopter.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Holy crap was that obviously a helicopter. Seriously, people wonder why I don't believe any ghost or alien stories at all when there are this many idiots out there...
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

To be fair, the article DOES say that just because it's unidentified (I can't, never seen anything like that and since before being a cavalry scout in the army I've prided myself in being able to identify aircraft) that doesn't mean it's extraterrestrial.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Um... Sorry, Freakzilla. I don't understand how your choice of news links supports your political/sociological viewpoint. :?
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky