'John Lennon was closet conservative'

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

'John Lennon was closet conservative'

Post by Freakzilla »

ANI
London, June 30, 2011

He may be revered across the globe for being a peace loving hero but John Lennon's former personal assistant has revealed that the former Beatles star was a closet conservative and a fan of Ronald Reagan.

Incidentally, by the time he died he was a closet conservative and was enmbarrassed of hi s radical past.

Lennon's former personal assistant Fred Seaman told Beatles Stories filmmaker Seth Swirsky that in his final months, Lennon was not the left-wing militant worshipped by many of his fans.

“He was a very different person back in 1979 and 80 than he’d been when he wrote Imagine. By 1979 he looked back on that guy and was embarrassed by that guy’s naivety,” the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.

Seaman also claimed that Lennon was a fan of Ronald Reagan, who went on to become America’s Republican president in 1981.

‘John, basically, made it very clear that if he were an American he would vote for Reagan because he was really sour on [Democrat] Jimmy Carter,’ he says in a documentary film.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/John-Lenn ... 15619.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
merkin muffley

Re: 'John Lennon was closet conservative'

Post by merkin muffley »

Stockholm syndrome.

Although, laying in bed to protest war, snorting heroin, with Yoko Ono, is pretty fucking embarrassing.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Also, everybody gets old sooner or later. :wink:
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman